•  
Advertise here

Inspecting the suspension

Very good topic to cover, I must say. The reason why I am saying this is because the suspension is one thing in car which helps in functioning lot of things in car: braking system, steering handling, system handling and tire alignment. So it’s really important to keep a keen eye on the suspension of the car. To make sure that nothing goes wrong with the suspension, always check following things in your car:

Tires: Whenever you are doing any tire work, always check for the perfect alignment of tires. Other than that, check if there is any tire wearing or tearing out. If yes, then replace it immediately. Check for cupping in the tires also.

Steering: It’s really important to maintain the steering linkage to avoid any break down because of the suspension failure.

Leaks: If there is any leak in the hoses of power steering your car is one urge to break down. You will surely get a suspension issue in the car. Also, the steering gears, they should never leak in order to maintain the smoothness of steering.

Shocks and Struts: Sometimes the car starts to wobble too much and the tire seems to be misaligned. That can be because of the loose shocks and struts in your car. So take care of that well.

Wheel Bearings: Wheel bearing needs to be checked regularly in order to avoid any kind of roughness in the drive.

Bushings: When your car vibrates too much and you are not able to handle the steering straight, sometimes it’s because of the suspension bushings. So check for that also, front and rear both.

CV Joint boots: The damaged or leaking CV joints are dangerous for the suspension of the car. CV joints needs to be replaced immediately when damaged or leaking.

Umm, ya. I know these points. So you can inspect the suspension by taking care of these things.