•  
Advertise here

Selling an Old car: Tips!

Well, it’s really a tricky and sensitive job to sell your old car. I always take care of the following things when I want to sell my old car:

1. No relatives Please: Let’s say, your car is 8 or more years old. So don’t sell your car to any of your friends or any relative. Because if in near future, if your car breaks down they will blame you for that as they may think that your car was severely damaged and you don’t tell them. So try to avoid such a thing.
  2. Avoid dealer: Try to sell your car on your own, rather than giving it to a dealer as the cost of selling will be way lower of a dealer than you sell it on your own.
  3. No, No, No, Don’t lie! If your car had any past issue, or claims, do inform the buyer interested in buying your car. Don’t hide if your car had an accident or anything. Tell them honestly about any major replacement as well.
  4. Online Scammers: try not to sell your car online as there are lots of scammers online. Sometimes the seller doesn’t get the money before him actually ship the car to the buyer. It’s really a risky business online, so try not to sell it online.
  5. Car condition: Before you sell your car, modify your car in a state that it looks nice and the buyer will be interested to buy your car. But modifying does mean hiding any huge issue in your car. As I said before, don’t hide to your buyer if there was any past accident in a car.

So ya, I know these points. And also try to present him your insurance papers and claims if any. In that way, the buyer will know how much you are actually paying for your car insurance also.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Online Scammers: try not to sell your car online as there are lots of scammers online. Sometimes the seller doesn’t get the money before him actually ship the car to the buyer. It’s really a risky business online, so try not to sell it online. "

This is a good tip emad, but I must say that there are many reliable websites that can help you with buying/selling used cars. So, we should not ignore the possibilities that the Internet provides.