•  
Advertise here

Best News: Dubai Radars to start catching tailgaters from July 2015

cyborg

One of the best news I have read this morning in Gulf news about: Radars to start catching tailgaters from July 2015.

Well I hope people from other emirates also read this news and start behaving well in Dubai, as majority of time I experience Nissan Patrol, Old skyline and Lexus LS 400 from northern emirate comes behind you and start flash to death with less than 1 meter distance behind your bumper. Scary indeed.

PUBLISHED: 15:03 JUNE 9, 2015

4082513255.png

Dubai: Starting from July, Dubai radars will be able to catch tailgaters, Dubai Police have announced.

Major General Mohammad Saif Al Zafein, Assistant to the Dubai Police Chief for Operations Affairs, said the move is in order to reduce casualties from accidents caused by tailgating.

Earlier this week Dubai Police launched its annual ‘Keep a safe distance’ traffic campaign, quoting tailgating as the third-leading cause of traffic deaths.

Tailgating caused 26 deaths in 2014, and 11 deaths between January and May this year. Also in 2014, Dubai Traffic Police issued 69,964 fines for people not leaving a safe distance between vehicles on Dubai roads and in 2015, 19,975 fines were issued in the first four months.

Maj Gen Al Zafein said the radar has the latest technology that can detect tailgating violations accurately, regardless of the speed of the vehicle.

The radar takes photos of the front and rear of the vehicle and can detect the violation in any lane.

The photos will help make sure the violation is legitimate and can be accessed if the driver contests the fine.

The fine for tailgating is Dh400 and four black points.

Source: http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/crime/radars-to-start-catching-tailgaters-from-july-1.1532297

That's a nice news, really. However what I read in newspaper: 5 meter distance is too less for 80 kmph speed, as per rule book it should be around 20 meters and at 120 kmph speed should be 30 meters gap. Whatever it is, it's a good news and good starting.

My driving instructor told me long back a simple way to maintain safe distance is drive as close or as far from vehicle in front until you see their rear tires touching the ground. Now that logic was great in Nissan Sunny (learner's vehicle) and fit well in sedan and sports car, but not applicable for 4WD .

So 4WD driver need to install a laser pointing measure tool in their car to check 5 meters...... :-P  :-P  :mrgreen:

This is super initiative by Dubai Police to make bloody road safe, and educate monkeys to how to drive cars and respect life more than few seconds of their time.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating