•  
Advertise here

Range Rover suspension failure

mark

I have no clue what to be done with evergreen Range Rover suspension failure. I got the new air balloons less than 2 years and it comes with one year warranty and one of them failing now and loosing air overnight and making my Range in limp mode.

Spending so much money every 2 years for suspension is too pricey and wondering if anyone here in Dubai or UAE found some good solution for this other than changing to old fashion spring suspension that lasts for 10 years. I am afraid not to go spring suspension route as I don't want to kill the road comfort at all. 

Appreciate any advise or heads up in right direction.

I have gone through same and I highly advise Arnott Inc air suspension that comes with lifetime warranty in US and Europe. I have used same for over 2 years till I sold the car and never had an issue and yet enjoyed the comfort of EAS but without any (beep beep beep). 

I have also tried the spring conversion in one of my old Rangy, and to be honest it wasn't that bad at all you barely feel the difference unless you are a fan of adjusting height too much.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This seems like a profit center for Land Rover and that's why they don't want to fix this for good. One of my office friend has gone through this for all the time and every year his Range is parked outside his villa in limp mode. Too bad to see this state of an icon in lucury cars.

• Like (+1) 1

Coil springs comes in two flavor as well, hard ones for offroad purpose and soft ones for road comfort. Go with soft one and you will not feel any difference and get rid of all balloon, compressor, sensor issues forever. That was the first thing when I got the range for first and last time in my life as advised by very close friend who is Land rover fanatics for 3 generations in his family.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestion, Is anyone of you has a Range Rover 2006-2012 model on springs that I can drive and have a feel of it and then decide accordingly. 

• 1 month later...

OMG, just two months back I changed the air suspension ballon and now today again EAS failure shown on dash for no reason as all suspension was in good height and I switched off the car and called mechanic for 5-10 mins and started again and that error message disappear. It didn't appear again in evening so I am little lost now as to what to doubt and why at first place I have seen that in morning.....

I so wish I should have listen to Taqir advise and gone to coil or Gaurav with Arnott. I checked arnott rates but that was way too expensive with shipping to Dubai and that's why I went with OEM replacement from sharjah market. I hope it's not ballon again (damn expensive).

Please help guys, what to do and how to reproduce that error message again to see what is wrong?

Not every EAS beep tells that balloon has been failed. It could be compressor failing (in process) or it's taking long time to fill up than normal, compressor overheated, some height sensor freaked out of some new leak develop in the air hose, and off course air ballon failed (most typical) one. Considering two months install - very less likely chance for that, but there is a slight possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Last bit is best to keep Range happy (fingers crossed).

Also get the battery tested for volt check as many times fake beeps happen due to voltage fluctuation from dying battery. My friend Range showed "Gearbox Failure" when battery was dying, so damn hilarious and surprising.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 months later...

Guys, I too have a Range Rover 2004 Vogue and now experiencing the "Air suspension inactive " message on and often. Garrage guy checked with the Diagnostics and told me to change the left AES sensor but when I was going to buy the product my message disappeared but after a day it came back again. This morning it was down on one side. I usually do not adjust the height but run on road level. 

Online search suggest to buy RSW/EAS tool kit from Ebay which cost 120 US dollars which can reprogram this error?  This is not the fault of the baloons itself but rather cold climate and water getting into the system as per some search results. 

Have you guys heard of this ?

Last bit is best to keep Range happy (fingers crossed).

Also get the battery tested for volt check as many times fake beeps happen due to voltage fluctuation from dying battery. My friend Range showed "Gearbox Failure" when battery was dying, so damn hilarious and surprising.

This happend to me in my P38 and got me a heart attack when the message came "Gear box failure" later I found out that it was due to the weak battery .... Range Rover gives nitghtmares.....but why do we love them again?

• Like (+1) 1