•  
Advertise here

Any mechanic propose repairs with guarantee?

kris

Does anyone know any mechanic who propose/suggest repair work in older cars with guarantee that that the suggested repair work will fix your car 100%. I have been to many mechanic here and they love to make big list of parts and labor while initiating the repair and during the course if you spend enough time with them you realize that half of the suggested repairs was not at all required and it was based on their so called "educated guess". I am sure many of you must have experience this if you like to pay attention to detail on where your money is going.....!

After many lesson learned I push them badly initially and cut to really really required parts. Sometime it works and some time I need to go back and forth and get more parts and wait more longer than listening to them in first go. And I am saying this for lowest class to highest class of workshop I used in Al Quoz, Rashidiya, Umm Ramool and even in Sharjah. Wondering if anyone really know some Awesome-Champion-Honest-Concerned-Practical mechanic here?

I understand your pain and concern, but you are talking about their business model which revolve on that sole definition of "educated guess work"

You or anyone here can't really beat that odds buddy, Im afraid. All you can do is reason it out and stage the process that you have been doing it right, I am sure everyone does that who doesn't have deep pocket to blindly swipe the card and drive away.

Well I usually don't go into micro management and ask them a lumpsump quote to fix my problem and see if it seems legit I say quick yes, if not I go somewhere else.

You should always get a second opinion and rate workshop based on their true knowledge, capability and honesty. Secondly you will always have one or two sour experience out of ten, so one should have some degree of tolerance while dealing with car repairs. It's not that outside garage is bad and dealers are good, but problem is dealers will never take a slightest chance and rather replace complete assembly than repairing/repairing small module, this will make them look like they fix issue in first attempt.

Thanks guys for your help and yes I agree second opinion and car forums search and advise clear lot of myth, crap and uneducated guesswork.

However still my question is unanswered ;-( so I assume no one knows any workshop that offers guaranteed repair, what a shame.