•  
Advertise here

favorite ford characteristic...

I have always lived in a Ford family. growing up my dad had a ford truck. This truck stayed with us for so many years. Everytime something happened, my dad would pop the hood whever he was at. It would take one look, and one turn of the key to figure out exactly what was wrong with it. My dad has never put a vehicle in the shop. Anything that went wrong my dad could fix it, with no motor hoist, and with no special tools. More than once he didn't have the right part, but was able to fix it with something he had laying around. THAT is the advantage to old, 70's ford trucks.

What do you love about them?

That 70's - 2000 is almost same for many all car-makers as they brag on simplicity to drive and fix anything anywhere. This characteristic doesn't exist anymore when car comes loaded with so many bells and whistles that half of car is driven electronically and other half with engine mechanics. And electronics break 10 times faster and unpredictable than mechanical.

I don't know much about Ford nor a fan of one, but your point is truly from the past not from present. Today's Ford in my impression is good for 4-5 years and then it becomes serious money pit that requires endless workshop visit and fat wallet to "afford a ford".

hahhah, very mean but true Mark.

Still what I like about Ford is keeping every car character alive from the past, irrespective of the price, shapes and hp's you still can relate Explorer, Mustang, Fiesta etc to their older version.