•  
Advertise here

How to install Salik tag elsewhere than on windscreen

mark

I need to install new Salik tag on my LR Discovery and wondering if any of you creative lads come up with some proven technique for installing fugly big @$$ Salik somewhere more inconspicuous than on windscreen, which is bigger than the size of headlight.......!

I have seen some people installing on sunroof on sedan, but haven't seen on sunroof on 4x4 especially taller 4x4 like Discovery, will it work? I dont wanna test 100 dhs tag instead learning and asking here is better. Bottom line install it discreetly (if possible).

You can stick on right down of the windscreen and left side having parking car stick to the glass makes it look even and balance. That's what I am doing.

You can also stick to the sunroof and I don't think Salik card reader has anything to do with car height as Salik toll gates are really huge design and I am sure they must be charging the big commercial freight trucks which is far more taller than any 4x4.

You can definitely stick it on sunroof and it works fine, and I have even seen people cutting the tag to small white box reducing its size by half and then sticking in front just under the rear view glass on windscreen. Looks very nice and not at all shouting.

post-11585-0-88890000-1437478460_thumb.j

post-11585-0-55223200-1437478591_thumb.j

After reading these creative ideas, I think how about the back glass itself (shud work)...! as scanner don't know whether it's front or back of vehicle. Image VW bettle passing through salik toll gate lol.

My Salik sticker is cut down as described above and stuck in behind the blacked out part of the windscreen next to the rearview mirror on my LR4. Works fine and looks less ugly.

Actually before installing it there I drove around with the Salik pack in my glove box for about 3 months without any problems either so not actually sure you really need to even stick on a window..  :ugeek:

You Dont need to really stick it. I keep mine in the plastic sleeve of the sun visor. Works fine.

Really...? Facing inside or outside? As when you say sun visor means if its folded (facing inside) it's under the car roof metal, correct me if I am wrong? And still it works? woah.

That's damn F.Crazy and stupid for all of us to stick that fugly sticker on the front screen. I rem last when I checked with salik toll free girl told me to stick it front facing outside and anywhere it can be seen by the scanner, what a load of #$#$^%^$%#$&^%

Thanks a lot Amithjp, in my next car now I know where to keep it.

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2015 at 11:54 AM, thor said:

My Salik sticker is cut down as described above and stuck in behind the blacked out part of the windscreen next to the rearview mirror on my LR4. Works fine and looks less ugly.

Actually before installing it there I drove around with the Salik pack in my glove box for about 3 months without any problems either so not actually sure you really need to even stick on a window..  :ugeek:

Did you also cut the circled area? Isn't this the rfid antenna? The salik works even without it? 

IMG_20170216_073406.jpg