•  
Advertise here

Screeching brakes signal

It's 75% times a brake pad replacement with skimming the disc will get the job done. In 25% you will also need a disc replacement.

For checking disc health you need a proper thickness measuring tool or an expert eye to tell, usually it should be in range from 5-6 mm minimum thickness.

If you car wobble slightly on extreme hard braking then disc is due to change.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks Danny and Anoop, I initially thought Danny reply was useful unless Aoop explained how and why?

To answer the doubt, no my car is not wobbly at emergency braking that means brake pad replacement should be enough. I will be visiting workshop on Saturday and hope to get the car back same day. Have a good weekend guys.

Get the "DISC PADS" changed. The new discs are 10mm thick and should not go down below 8.5mm !!! Change the pads and measure disc from all sides..If uneven thickness for all four sides, then change discs and do not skim them.. For future avoid braking too much, use the trip tronic gear to lower gears to slow down the car in traffic or approaching signals or speed breakers...You will get better mileage and also long life for your Disc Pads...

• Like (+1) 1

Victoria....I am sure your TUCSON is automatic?. Every Automatic Gear shift has signs "+" and "-" on the gear shift frame. Push the gear shift lever to left and you are in TRIPTRONIC Mode and the number of gear with display on your "digital panel" ..You do not need clutch for trip tronic just push it forward for increasing number and push lever back for lower number gears. When you push back to Right the lever it goes to Automatic mode.   If you have manual that is even better, you do not need TRIPTRONIC... :) 

Edited by afzalsharif
  • Like (+1) 1

Many thanks afzalsharif, I never knew that +- is also tiptronic, I was thinking tiptronic is gear control on stering and that I dont have. I tried today this +- and yes engine scream and slows down the speed significantly, but it's too much play while driving and I hope i get used to this up and down gear shifting asap.

Btw, I went today for brake pads changed and got it done in few hours and yes mechanic said disc are fine for another 20-30k kms so all went good and I am happy with less expense and getting the car back same day.

Thanks everyone for advise and help. You guys rock.