•  
Advertise here

Toyota Prado vs FJ Cruiser

Prado, all the way unless and until you really go full throttle sand bashing too aggressively than I will suggest FJC. However Prado checks all boxes than half box for extreme sand. FJC is checking that half box, but will take away daily comfort, long drive comfort, poor visibility on hard shoulders and inch more expensive of fuel due to more responsive chip tuning loaded by Toyota.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

FJC is much better option in terms of all round performance with reasonable comfort level. Prado is too common and quickly generalize as one type of people (can't say here). So stay away from rat race and go for FJC.

• Like (+1) 2

Prado has been chosen by so many people is for a reason and not only rat race. I think Prado is perfect balance of adequate luxury, performance accompanied with reasonable off-road capabilities. It's just that previous shape was well priced in range of 120's than the new shape that shot-up to 160's upward.

If you can afford, go with Prado you will enjoy it daily.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Prado is better option as per your mentioned requirement, it's not FJC is bad but you will enjoy and cherish driving Prado more than FJC. If you have any friends with both cars, just drive each one of them for a day and then decide. If you dont have anyone or shy to lend a car, go for rent a car and test both, I have done this and then decided with 100% consent of my heart and mind than just listening to people with different mindset, requirement and favoritism. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, yogic72 said:

You  have specified your requirements and Prado is the best option to go with. I would also suggest that you test drive both vehicles and choose for yourself. 

Dude the post is 4 years old.

• Haha (+1) 1

Great @yogic72 in that case @Carnity is developing you with car knowledge, off road knowledge and technical knowledge. Where else can you find one forum that can develop you on so many grounds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1