•  
Advertise here

New girl in Dubai need Car advice

Nathasha

Well till now I trust you understand the advantages of having SUV in uae but you also need to know the best SUV if you really want to enjoy the ride 

If you ever try to drive a SUV like Nissan murano, xtrail, duster , Hyundai Tucson or kia sportage then you definitely strat hating driving SUV 

If you want to enjoy a drive, go for following options 

Lexus rx330

Ford edge 

Chevrolet captivia 

Gmc Acadia 

Bmw X4

Honda urban 

Infinity fx 35 or 50

If u still need further help for pricing and cost for maintenance then you can email me [email protected]

BTW I am a car dealer :)

Edited by eye_sour
  • Like (+1) 1

I have recently moved to Dubai since last few months, and got hold of my driving license after all the $%^^$% challenges. Now I am in a fix to choose a normal car over a SUV which is very famous in Dubai and need some help from you all car expert as why I should choose SUV over a car or vice versa?I have never driven SUV and I am young driver and def prefer car, but curious to know why so many SUV runs in Dubai and what is the advantage to choose one. Thank you for reading this an dhelping.

Nat. Call Lucky on 0528238889

he will assist u in deciding which car to buy..car expert. plus arrange car for u. plus arrange car loan for u and do all the registration process etc.. Discuss with him.

there are cars now that are "in-between". people call the crossovers but i call them hybrids. both the DNA of a car and a large SUV, they are often based on a car chassis but are using steroids.

they are generally more economical, less bulky, better handling than the larger SUVs.

at the same time, they are generally more spacious, offer a higher seating position, and higher ground clearance for some bad roads. some have AWD/4x4 for some light off roads.

my advise is to go for a model that had been launched recently as they usually have more techs included and have higher safety standards.

newer models are like the Nissan x-trail,  Lexus NX, Merc GLA.

or go for a year old car with low mileage, ideally with warranty and service contract still valid. you can enjoy it with about 20% less compared to the brand new price... and no I'm not a car dealer.

and dun be lazy, go for a test drive so you can see what car you really like.

Japanese cars are generally (generally still means u can run out of luck) are more dependable, Germans have very nice classy interiors and American cars offer a lot for the money (car size and engine size). personally i don't even consider korean cars. that is just my PERSONAL choice because to me, my impression is they look good on paper, nice design and cheap (cutting corners somewhere). they do get better by the years.

personally i drive a 2015 Subaru WRX and a 2006 honda MRV that still  runs like a dream with it s smooth 5 speed auto gearbox (old but still good). The MRV is a real gem without any problems although almost 10 years old. Of cos there is wear and tear (nothing before it's time) but i change everything outside of dealership with original parts as per the manual. i know nobody asked but i would like to share my experience with you.

Subarus are bulletproof cars as i had owned 3 models in the past oldest from 2007. never had any problems, rock solid.

all the best! shopping for a new/used car is the most exciting thing. i am envious. 

oh ya, you may watch review videos on youtube too, not all of them are good reviews but it gives you an idea.

Edited by AbsolutKev
  • Like (+1) 2

Hi

As a career beginner I recommend to go for small size SUV or what we call crossover with low budgets that have a good resell value when you make your next step to upgrade so check out: Mitsubishi ASX, Hyundai Tucson, Kia sportage, Renault Duster, Ford Ecosport, Kia Soul, Nissan Juke, Mazda CX3, Daihatsu Terios, Peugeot 2008,Suzuki Vetara 2door & Gemini

I didn't include expensive brand and recommend you to avoid some words like "DSG,DCT or any thing related to dual clutch transmissions and Turbo for any engine and avoid all Chinese brands) and please note that excluding these words would mean less fun and less price but much more reliability and better resell value and more customers for second hand car specially with low mileage and lady driven and for sure lower service expenses

the above range would offer 4 cylinder engines 1.5:2.0 liter which would give a reasonable fuel economy and smooth driving with air condition on just try to have it first grade (fully loaded) to treat your self and to have the advantage during selling and get the automatic transmission and stick with light colors (white, silver, Gold, sky blue, light grey, pistachio green, red and avoid dark colors like black and dark blue&grey) 

Good Luck 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks milo, eye sour, saqib, absolutkiv, and saleem you all are super star in opening my eyes to awesome facts and findings that I think I need to redo my search and viewing cars again. lol. Much appreciate your help and will you posted on what decision I made. Thanks a ton guys.

• Like (+1) 1