•  
Advertise here

Expensive tinting blocks the signal...?

naveedh

I heard from few of my friends that expensive car window tinting blocks the signal of mobile phone and GPS devices including the phone internet base maps and stand alone mapping devices. Is it true? Or anyone has some insight on this subject as I am thinking to get one for my main car as I am sick of satwa solar films that fades every 6 months and cost 200-300 dhs every time. Thanks all.

I also heard these things in many offroad usage car when person looses GPS signal as soon as it goes real offrad, away from buildings and network area. I guess the reason was the metallic content used in the screen that created an interference with the GPS signal most. I have not hear of mobile signal also getting block in such tint.

Secondly this issue has been shared on extreme hi-end tint that costs 3k and above guarantee the 90% reduction on all greatest and brightest rays bla bla.

Thirdly this will only impact if front screen is also covered with clear tint, In case you only got the windows then it's fine.

Well this used to be the case with the high class tinting in the past, now no company is using metallic components in the film to block signals. I am using 3M crystalline since 2 years without any issue in mobile or GPS signal.

I still dont find any logic of 3500 AED window tint with 5 years guarantee. Whereas 300-500 AED reasonable quality of tint last for 2 years easily, offcourse it doesnt have hi-tech rays rejection, but who knows how much the super expensive tint got the rays rejection as printed in advertisement and brochures.

Im on the fence for this. I got the 3m Crystaline on my Mercedes 6 years ago and it came with a 5 year warranty and yes it was pricey and I got a normal tint for my Pajero. Now If i compare the two, cheaper one is way too dark for driving in the night, while the 3m one was perfect. As far as heat rejection is concerned, both can bake if parked outside in the sun, I really cant tell which car is hotter, as 50 degrees is what it is. 

As for the AC, again not too sure if it because of the tint, the MERC wins hands down as it cools wayyyy faster than the Pajero. This could be because of the AC and tint?

So thats my two cents worth.

Im on the fence for this. I got the 3m Crystaline on my Mercedes 6 years ago and it came with a 5 year warranty and yes it was pricey and I got a normal tint for my Pajero. Now If i compare the two, cheaper one is way too dark for driving in the night, while the 3m one was perfect. As far as heat rejection is concerned, both can bake if parked outside in the sun, I really cant tell which car is hotter, as 50 degrees is what it is. 

As for the AC, again not too sure if it because of the tint, the MERC wins hands down as it cools wayyyy faster than the Pajero. This could be because of the AC and tint?

So thats my two cents worth.

Darker is better actually and if cheaper tint is darker then you must have chosen 50% than 30% in case of 3M. Usual complain that I had with cheaper tint was it fades in 6-8 months and and goes almost bye-bye in 2 years time.

And for AC offcourse Merc is better than Pajero, as many friends in my office always complain of Pajero border-line cooling on the extreme temp.