•  
Advertise here

The beast Ford F-150 Raptor: Is it made only for Desert...?

I found in the video that all new Raptor isn’t just about power. The truck’s iconic style is immediately recognizable. Following the lead of the all-new Ford F-150, the new Raptor utilizes high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy in its body and bed, slashing over 500 lbs. of weight compared to 2014 Raptor. 

I would like to share a short video clip of a Raptor prototype undergoing testing at an undisclosed, heavily forested location video by ford. 

But I still has a question is it only made for Desert or Military or for normal public as well? 

https://youtu.be/9uYJj65HcWk  

• Like (+1) 2

Ford DNA is the key to success of F-150 and then raptor took over the project with enough limelight. This looks now F-150 inching closer to raptor footsteps. And yes it is made for normal public, as ref to militiary-grade is just a word use to impress civillian that they are getting something what military guys uses it.

Still it's heavy long bed truck so dont jump with it and dont go on small sand dunes, and you will be fine otherwise.

It's a powerful beast and very succesful in UAE sand dunes here, but just be careful to stay away from small set of rolling dunes where these type of longer 4x4 gets stuck easily. In Liwa, sweihan, bidayer (big red), Area 53 and faya side this ride is good. Stay away from pink rock and tawi nizwa side.

• Like (+1) 1

F-150 and Raptor are two different vehicle all together that look very similar ONLY:

• F150 is essentially a low cost pickup, slight above the industrial grade pickup league.
  • Raptor made on F150 pickup chassis and body and have souped almost every other thing.
  • Raptor has better suspension, better engine response, lifted height and ready for offroad.
  • They both cost is poles apart that confirms the three above reason.