•  
Advertise here

Interior light flickering

kasim

Posting for my colleague, who drives 2012 Kia Optima and just out of warranty. Interior light flickers after few seconds of operation, and it happen most of the time though not 100% but 60-70% of the time. Showed the car to roadside electrician to check the interior light and it looks good, but problem still continue. What should be the next step to doubt....?

May be worth checking the battery connection is loose, as if it is loose and when car is started then you wont feel that on anything other than interior lights and music system which uses the battery power.

Ask him to run the car with music system on and switch interior light to test if music system also skips a beat or not...?

Start with checking all the fuses and relays and see if it helps. It could be the light fitment issue or loose wiring as well. Im not expert on Kia but had similar issue in one of my Land Rover Discovery few years back, that while driving if I switch one interior light then it used to dance and flicker as the car moves. It was loose connection at the light fitment.