•  
Advertise here

BMW M4 GTS: Is it worth the price?

GIJOE

Most of us didn’t know, the GTS has always been the track ready models from BMW. It promises to be a better M4 that will make use of a better tuned chassis, a new interior and improved engine. 
All of these though will come at a cost, the car being quite a bit more expensive than the usual M4.
Does anybody know its on-road prize in Abu-dhabi?

Looks like it will be around the US$120k mark when the 2016 model is released in the US so I would guess anything up to US$150K out here but you can probably pick up the the 2010 model for around US$60K. More expensive than a usual BMW of course but then your paying for a concept car. I talked to some BMW fan boys about this new model at a recent track day in Dubai. They seemed pretty excited about the M4 GTS concept so I read up on it.

It seems the 2016 model will have an even higher performance with an amazing new water injection system is set up which draws water from a 6 L tank and was used by BMW in the M4 safety car for the world motorcycle Grand Prix series. Basically this means the whole system will be able to output even more torque and horse power than before. The outside of the car has also been upgraded with a larger spoiler at the rear and a chin splitter which is supposed to make the car even more aerodynamic. Both these items are made from composite materials and carbon fibre plastic to save on weight and enhance performance. The wheels also look great - BMW calls then 666M style which go really well with the dark grey paint job but not sure about the orange rims! Take look at this video and photos here

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely agree that when pricing comes to UAE it adds at least 20% extra than the global pricing which actually kills lot of spirit of buying any newly launched models. The only interesting part of seeing this car is seeing 3.8 seconds for 0-100 sprint. If BMW is achieving this with M4, then what scores will M5 and M6 actually gets for 2016, that will be an interesting bet to hold.

My estimates are:

1. 2016 BMW M5: 3.0 - 3.2 Seconds
  2. 2016 BMW M6: 2.4 - 2.8 Seconds.
  • Like (+1) 1