•  
Advertise here

Mazda3 2012 problem

ibkiss

Could anyone with good mechanical knowledge tell me what's wrong with my Mazda3 2012 (basic model) vehicle :

* After switching on the car , the automatic gear does not shift from 'P' to 'D' , after pressing down the brake pedal . The problem is probably that the switch of the brake pedal is not allowing the release of the gear from 'P' to 'D' .

At this moment , I am driving the car in this way that , I repeatedly keep on pressing & releasing the brake pedal some 2 or 3 dozen times & at the same , pushing the gear lever down from 'P' to 'D' , then randomly , the gear shifts to 'D' . During all this , the brake 'check' light & sometimes the engine 'check' light illuminates and goes away repeatedly !!!

So kindly advise me the correct remedy to be taken for this problem & approximate expense ......... Thanks in advance to everyone .... :) 

You should not have suffered so much for so little stuff man.

Every AUTO car has shift lock release button close-by for emergency in case of battery failure then that brake swithc might not work. And always those shift release lock has some simple procedure to by pass that shift lock.

PLeas find attch below two fix: One is to open the shift lock rlease button small plastic cap and insert any screwdriver which is atleast 10 cm long and you can release that lock. 

More than likely it seems fuse in engine bay must be blown, check and change that fuse. If you dont have same 15 AMP fuse then you can replace with neigboring fog light fuse and get it change befor the foggy season arrive. It cost 2 AED. :-)

If my solution fix your problem, please like post. Thanks.

Mazda 3 Shift Lock Release.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

If above doesn't work or you actually need to dig deeper by yourself or with some mechnanic you trust follow the below video for Shift lock Solenoid and faulty wiring resulting in exactly same behavior as you are facing.

Good luck and like it please.

• Like (+1) 3