•  
Advertise here

2004 Mercedes C230 - heater not working

annie

I have 2004 Mercedes C230 kompressor model with 170,000 + kms since last two years. As winter is round the corner, last night I switched on the heater and realize that it's blowing outside cold air and not any heater hot air. Any idea what I can do to check by myself as it's used once or twice in a year, so may be something gone wrong that I can fix myself.

As it's a less use item, I suspect from checking the heater fuse and see if it's blown. Look in the engine bay for fuse box, open the box and search in the diagram for the heater or HVAC fuse, check all fuse and tell if it's ok or not?

• Like (+1) 2

Well heater does nothing but to get the engine heat passign through the radiator tubing into car cabin. So heater to effectively work car should be running for atleast 15-20 mins to reach at optimum temperature so that it can throw the engine heat inside the heater ducts.

If taqir diagnose is all fine, then show to mechanic and see if previous owner has block the radiator return U-pipe as in some case it create a leak inside the car and few mechanic cut-off the heater completely to save additional expenses. My Land Rover has that issue and I spend a lot more to get it re-activated.

Mark, I've got 3 Mercedes cars of 3 different types & different models, it won't take 15-20 minutes to heat up, it takes up to Maximum 2 minutes to heat up!

Had to agree with the U-pipe though, most prolly it's the reason!