•  
Advertise here

How to import a car in UAE?

jabbarali

Hi Guy, 

I am excited for being a part of Carnity, I got the website link from internet while searching for help for expat coming to uae for job. Well I am looking to get my toyota from my home country to uae. But being new to this country I hardly know the rules and regulation for importing the car, I am not aware at all that how much it could charge, what are the documentation required and proper process.
Also it will great help if I get the information from the technical side about any restriction for engine, Hydro carbon count etc etc. 

It will be nice if somebody can let me understand or provide any reference doc for the correct and hazzle free process. 

For sure there is no restriction on engine size, but HC count is critical and it should be under 600-700 count.

However, this HC count check is required only for the car tesing and registration and I dont think it's very critical for the import procedures.

You must be a UAE resident to initiate the import process and vehicle has to be left hand steering and not right hand drive. You can submit the request with your passport copy with visa page and proff of sale in your country on your name. I am not sure about the custom fees or duty taxes if it implies, you can check with dubai customs on same.

• Like (+1) 1

Dont forget the 5% import duty of the current market value and couple of 100 dhs for export plates and import process.

You also need 14 days insurance on export plates that cost another 70-100 dhs.

• Like (+1) 1

Car must be accident free and chassis should be cleared and not involved in accident or welded. If welded chassis, then proof of welding that it has done with certain automotive industry standard must be supported.