•  
Advertise here

Wobbling FJ Cruiser at high speed

I got the used FJ Cruiser last month for 75% road drive and 25% good off-road drives. Though I drive 75% on road, but most of the time in stop and go traffic and haven't really pushed the FJC to high speed. This friday went to al ain and after 120 kmph I get slight wobble that increases as the speed increase.

I got the car tires alignment check today and then tested and it still wobble same like before. Tires are in good condition of 2015 manufacturing, mechanic checked the axle, boot, tie rods and all looks neat and clean. What I am missing here, please help guys. Thanks in advance.

Hi Robert,

I responded to your question yesterday, but the site seems to have swallowed it. Any way, here it is again.

Does the wobble go from side to side?

Do you feel it mostly on the steering wheel, or does it affect the whole vehicle?

Are all the tyres the same size, type, and tread pattern.

Are the wheels standard, or oversize?

Does the wobble change in any way when you slightly deflate the tyres?

Does the vehicle pull to one side when you brake or let go of the steering wheel on a level road?

Have you had the propshafts checked for balance?

Are there any strange sounds or noises at any time?

It will really help me to diagnose the issue if you can answer these questions, thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks guys for so much love and advise, which is actually too much and so many things to doubt for simple wobbling, I am overwhelmed with things to doubt and shy as to know how much more I need to learn for having a car. lol.

Car just wobble constantly as a whole and no issues with steering wobbling or tires. Rest all is fine and everything is stock and in very good condition and no noises from any side.

I think let me get the balancing done first as an easiest way and one of my colleague also doubt that it could be balancing issue.