•  
Advertise here

2009 Hyundai Santa Fe Paint chipping problem

After driving little bit of offroad my Hyundai santa fe 2009 model is showing the paint chipping and peeling off from engine hood and roof are. Not sure if this is bad paint job quality from hyundai or only my car has a bad luck. I have seen another Hyundai car in my parking having similar issue, off course its a road car: elantra and not offroad so I am now in more doubt that, that paint chipping happen in offroad drive or because of bad paint job. or excessive heat in this region.....?

Can anyone please suggest a cheap and good paint workshop in dubai or in sharjah......?

Hi Emman,

I am afraid that offroad driving is not the cause of the paint peeling problem. Hyundai has had problems with bad paint jobs from as long ago as 2002, but to date, has not issued a recall notice anywhere in the world.

This is a problem in all markets where Hyundai has a presence, and it seems to be either related to the way the paint was applied, or the  preparation of the primer before the colour coats were applied. To my knowledge, Hyundai has not repaired any of their vehicles with this problem, and the best advice I have for you is to obtain legal advice, or join a lobby group to try and force Hyundai to fix the problem.

However, this has not worked in any market that I am aware of, and since your vehicle is out of warranty, I think you are in for an uphill battle to get this resolved. 

Good luck with though, and please keep us posted.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry to say, but generally dealers dont give a flying f#%$ when car is in warranty, so getting this job when car is out warranty is almost impossible. You can instead do a private restoration of those individual panels instead of repainting the whole car, will be economical and advisable to retain factory paint as much as you can.

Autozone is Rashidiya do lot of insurance repainting job, and I got my car done once with them few years back. You can try them.