•  
Advertise here

LR Discovery: This is not what I wanted

Today morning, while going to office I have seen the real life first LR discovery (new shape) and my first reaction was OMG, it looks like girlish evoque little brother. This is not what I ordered! Please take it back

After a while I realize that same disco parked under my office building and I happen to circle all around closely and hated it even more. Land rover has actually killed the real discovery legendary name with this cartoonish plastic formed, overly designed kiddish or girlish discovery sport. Hated it man. Any more haters here.....True LR fans.....?

• 7 months later...

I must say that the new Discovery is nothing close to what it used to be. I had a Disco 1 a 1998 model which I enjoyed till last year and the ride was smooth even after all those years in service and the abuse in the desert at my hands. But I cannot say that I am a hater,although it does not look like the 7 seater I used to know, but I am sure it would be just as comfortable if not more. I would just doubt the off-road capability on this vehicle although they do advertise it as one, but all those electronics and gadgets take away from the real pleasures of driving.

I totally agree with both of you, and to my greatest surprise my brother bought this one and called me to surprise and it took me few seconds to decide whether to congratulate him or sympathize him. Later I came to know that it's a school run car he got for his wife and I was like uuuuhhhhhh-ok. 

I really doubt it's offroad capabilities just like you guys.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Its a shame how more and more off-road vehicles end up looking like an egg on 4 wheels and loose their off-road capabilities, or are restricted by all the computers on board.

• Like (+1) 1

May be it's a way car companies telling us to take newer plastic pigs and break often for repair.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, treks said:

Plastic pigs?

lol. Well it's a local term evolved from new Nissan Pathfinder which has more plastic than metal. Then this term slowly got commonly used for newer SUV whose metal is thinner than the plastics.

• Like (+1) 2

I Hated what they did to Range now Disco OMG Defender went ofeline. Now New Lexus 4x4 Looks like Hummer H1 stepped on it. Nissan Patrol got bigger but 4x4 got smaller! I don't understand 4x4 are not for school runs! Old is really Gold. Next I don't know what another disaster gonna happen! 

Have a look at the new Mitsubishi Montero Sport or the newer Mitsubishi Pajero and it's going space age. At least they have some feel nice soft materials in the cars, the new Toyota Fortuner is hard plastic all over inside and really uncomfortable. Just taking advantage of the name they have created in the market.

Edited by Rahimdad