•  
Advertise here

Toyota FJ Cruiser vs Nissan X Terra

38 minutes ago, teajay said:

You're the newest member here, I guess you should at least show us some good deeds instead of acting in such a way..

Dunno what language you're talking about, but I guess we're all using proper english here correct ?

And for hardcore skills, never showed any hardcore skills, since you're a Marshal with an FJ & Proud of it, I guess you're the one showing muscles with the *Strongest car mother earth had*

Chillaaaaax bro, chillaaax, you're going hard on everybody here..

I just signed up to comment, not intending to stay here too long ,do not worry...I think you have a problem with FJ before i even start talking... I did not say anything that depicts the car as *Strongest car mother earth had*... but yeah I really love the car... am i really going hard on everyone ? :D what can I say, life's tough :D ...you are funny guy by the way ... Drive safe bro... 

5 minutes ago, ayman_khateeb said:

I really don't know why you insist on insulting everyone here..

maybe you are trying to compensate for something with your big hollow talk.. You know.. I mean lack of skills..

anyways, I never saw any real desert expert who talks like this, they know better to respect others & other trucks.. Lack of such respect means simply that you are a noob who is just talking a big game..

And what is this crap about what women drive? Since when women driving anything is a shame?

I saw girls driving everything.. Xterras, Jeeps, FJs, Patrols, Pajeros, Vitaras, and LandCruiser 70 series in the sand.. And I know a lot of them who will definitely beat you on every skill and put you to a big shame any day..!

look Amr, enjoy your FJ, it is a great truck in my opinion, respect the desert & others.. And try not to roll over! .. Guys talking your talk usually end up on the roof while trying to show off..

Blah Blah Blah!!

50 minutes ago, AmrHassanien said:

I just signed up to comment, not intending to stay here too long ,do not worry...I think you have a problem with FJ before i even start talking... I did not say anything that depicts the car as *Strongest car mother earth had*... but yeah I really love the car... am i really going hard on everyone ? :D what can I say, life's tough :D ...you are funny guy by the way ... Drive safe bro... 

Yeah, i do have lots of problems with Fj's, starting with safety, ending with all people rolling over in them at the desert, as a matter of fact two weeks ago someone rolles over with them at Al faya..

You do really need to drive safe with your car, as Ayman have told you, you are the type of guys who roll over at the end of the day, enjoy the A track & diff lock, use them cautiously though, always take care at side slopes, as your vision will be zero in the front while trying to do that, good luck..

Wow! your hate for Fj has changed you to a totally irrational person and you can't even know it...

All cars roll over, it's only that there isn't not enough Xterras out there in the desert to hear about them. because those who buy it donot believe it's for serious offroading despite the car is really capable off-road. if we all agree it's the driving skills that gets you in trouble so why would we blame the car.... i can't emphasise on this enough... 

I think you are trying to prove my point but in a negative way .. but i got you .. Yes FJ is a car that has a spirit and bold character and the driver who can't just handle that may end in troubles... 

and Woow!! you really know now what type of guy I am , impressive...!! i am really impressed with your speculation skills, I think the dunes has not taught you well yet. Good luck with that in the desert... 

FJ visibility is a problem for those who raise the seat to see under their feet( meaning what the front wheels are tackling) , it's a bad driving practise off-road and on-road. Usually the driver tends to see these few meter just before the car once they go off-road to feel secure.  Those will definitly make bad drivers . FJ visibility is a problem for every person has a weak brain attention capability... nothing wrong with that... can't drive without feeling so secure, there are other options ... but this the FJ spirit ... adventurous and yes the moment you drive up the dune and see nothing but the skies is a true excitement , FJ was not made for idiots , it's made for the bold and confident. Made to be a unique character look at the doors , you can't even tell if it's short or long wheel base. it's simply brilliant.

If you are going to be negative about FJ for the doors and visibility , it's simply not for you .. those who know the spirit of this car knows why it's made like this... without any arguments ...

By numbers, Xterra may outweigh FJ, in horse power, price and maintenance cost...by the end no body regrets buying a car because he did not study the car very well, it's because they didn't study what they want very well.

Edited by AmrHassanien

1 hour ago, AmrHassanien said:

Wow! your hate for Fj has changed you to a totally irrational person and you can't even know it...

All cars roll over, it's only that there isn't not enough Xterras out there in the desert to hear about them. because those who buy it donot believe it's for serious offroading despite the car is really capable off-road. if we all agree it's the driving skills that gets you in trouble so why would we blame the car.... i can't emphasise on this enough... 

I think you are trying to prove my point but in a negative way .. but i got you .. Yes FJ is a car that has a spirit and bold character and the driver who can't just handle that may end in troubles... 

and Woow!! you really know now what type of guy I am , impressive...!! i am really impressed with your speculation skills, I think the dunes has not taught you well yet. Good luck with that in the desert... 

FJ visibility is a problem for those who raise the seat to see under their feet( meaning what the front wheels are tackling) , it's a bad driving practise off-road and on-road. Usually the driver tends to see these few meter just before the car once they go off-road to feel secure.  Those will definitly make bad drivers . FJ visibility is a problem for every person has a weak brain attention capability... nothing wrong with that... can't drive without feeling so secure, there are other options ... but this the FJ spirit ... adventurous and yes the moment you drive up the dune and see nothing but the skies is a true excitement , FJ was not made for idiots , it's made for the bold and confident. Made to be a unique character look at the doors , you can't even tell if it's short or long wheel base. it's simply brilliant.

If you are going to be negative about FJ for the doors and visibility , it's simply not for you .. those who know the spirit of this car knows why it's made like this... without any arguments ...

By numbers, Xterra may outweigh FJ, in horse power, price and maintenance cost...by the end no body regrets buying a car because he did not study the car very well, it's because they didn't study what they want very well.

Hi Amr,

I suggest you read this: 

1. https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/blog/2016/1/26/man-on-trial-for-allegedly-mocking-uae-on-whatsapp

Then this

2. http://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/crime/man-faces-trial-over-indecent-whatsapp-proposal-to-teenager

Then this

3. http://7days.ae/man-to-face-trial-in-uae-for-swearing-in-whatsapp-message

First is the newest, last is the oldest..

Want more information on how we can fix such issues, kindly inform me if I should go further with them, i'll make sure you'll have a good time :)

Best regards,

Your worst nightmare ..

Be specific to the point, w/o any personal attack please.....!

This thread has lot of valuable information based on everyone's experience and opinions, let's not spoil it further before it get deleted by mods. Keep it to-the-point w/o any useless arguments.

• 8 months later...

All great points of view, I really enjoyed this thread, but just like Ayman pointed out the need of a skid plate on the X-Terra, since it is an American make and the radiator is low, I would like to add the I have seen FJCs flip on perfectly flat surface. Seems FJC balance is the worst with stock suspensions and I would recommend to change the suspension, as I am told the Fox suspension si the best setup for the FJC.