•  
Advertise here

How to switch off traction control completely?

Hello All,

I am new to offroading and I do drive a Pajero 2015 (luckely) 3.8 L v6 engine.

I have been having some serious mixed feelings about my newly ownd car. The first few offroad touch downs were not very pleasant. The car was constantly sitting on its belly! I got stuck in the most odd places...and yes my driving was the main contributer among the lack of good mentoring!

However, it seems things are changing.

I realized that the car needs a much harder suspentions and probably a 2" lift from the little experience I have! I took a nose dip in the sand on small bumps and dented my front bumper and almost destroyed my front wheel (I am having it checked as we speak).

I did shave-off the front bumper fins and installed a rear bumper skid plate mounted on the chasis.

After minor mentoring, I learned few things that are very usefull. First of all, not every car can adapt to point and shoot driving techniques! And I do like to think about how to tackel the dunes infront of me.

The engine feels powerfull, I managed to get it up to the highest point at Fossil Rock Sharjah where others had a hard time making it to the top. There are many factors offcourse (soft sand disturbed by other offroaders and etc). But I did manage to get it to the top after few tries. FYI so did everyone else...only the lead made it from the first time (heavly modified FJ and excellent driver!).

AT first I had my doubts on how far my car can take me,,, but now I am learning how far can I IMG_2402.JPGIMG_2406.JPGIMG_2390.JPGtake my car.

I was flowing on the dunes for 5 hours. the transmission did get hot though! I was riding 4HLc the whole time.

Right now, I am happy with my car. But don't expect this car to drive on the sand right out from the dealer.

The triptronic gear needs some attention (need to check your rpm) while driving which I believe it is a matter of time till it becomes muscle memory.

• 10 months later...

To disengage ALL traction control and the ABS system, you need to unplug one of the brake sensors.

This can be done when entering the desert.

When you're leaving the desert, just plug it back in.

Check the following link:

http://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?t=352

If you want a more elegant solution, just have a relay and a switch installed by your prefered garage. In that case, take the front-left brake sensor.

@EyadOrabi We had a couple of Pajero's on our off-road trips recently and all we did was press the button under the steering wheel near the right knee and they managed pretty well. Please be careful if you carry out any lift, as any modifications to the suspension would mean Al Habtoor Motors would void your warranty completely if the car is still under warranty. i have seen many people manage Pajero's through the desert with no modifications, only rear bumper seems to be the scare and the lower lip on the front bumper. Wishing you all the very best and hope you enjoy off-roading as much as we do.

• 1 year later...

Thank God, Mitsubishi didn't put such stubborn tech in my model Pajero.

My ABS and traction control only kicks in steep downhill and never bothered me while going uphill or spinning the tires. I think it's more of ASC - stability control that kills power than ABS.

Good find @hossein and thanks for sharing the above video

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thank God, Mitsubishi didn't put such stubborn tech in my model Pajero.

My ABS and traction control only kicks in steep downhill and never bothered me while going uphill or spinning the tires. I think it's more of ASC - stability control that kills power than ABS.

Good find @hossein and thanks for sharing the above video

You are most welcome dear Gaurav, really it was on my nerves this Friday and I losing my control because of that, there is maybe another way also if remove ABS fuse in engine fuse box. I have to check 

• Like (+1) 2