•  
Advertise here

How to raise dispute with Dubai Police over wrong fine?

victoria

Is there any procedure to raise a dispute with Dubai Police over a wrong fine. I got radar fine for Al khail road for 140+ kmph and I hardly go to that road and never driven my car above 100/110 km/h in my life. This seems some confusion or wrong click of my car instead of some near by car.

As a first step, give them a call and explain and see what they say. I am sure they must be getting 100 calls a day like this and they must be having some set procedure to prove their point or record.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, once a fine is established, you would need to go to a court to reverse it with proof. If you are able to manage the proof and also win the case you will be lucky. However do expect to have to go to court for at least 2 or 3 visits in a couple of months. That would mean at least 2 or 3 half day sessions. If you are working then it means lost time and money.

Finally if you do win the case, you fine will probably be reversed...but you would have to pay a courtesy fees of about AED 300....

Summing all this up, I would generally think paying the fine is cheaper.......but at the end of the day, isn't it more about principles...

All the best.

• Like (+1) 1