•  
Advertise here

What to do with flooded car in Dubai UAE?

harryd

If you car is already sunk, stay put and dont open is the right approach. Let water level lower down and let car sit for few hours before starting to not to damage any electrical sensors etc from the water.

• Like (+1) 1

Take the picture and the video if your car was flooded and you are reluctant to start and inclined for totalling as when insurance agent comes it will help to prove the damage is by non moving car.

Insurance doesn't cover water or flood damage in a moving car, as they always put a blame on driver.

• Like (+1) 1

Yesterday SMS from my insurance (Dar Al Takaful) warning me to not to drive in deep water.

Quite funny to see such message stating the obvious fact, but more surprising to hear car insurance approach toward such claims. I hope I am covered with "storm and flood" as stated in the policy.

IMG_5787.JPG

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

This is interesting topic I printed and saved in my car dashboard.

My car was yesterday little bit drowned and in evening it started perfectly fine when was logged water dispersed.

Water must have touched the chassis and little bit under-body, do I need to redo the rust proofing or it's ok....?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ging said:

This is interesting topic I printed and saved in my car dashboard.

My car was yesterday little bit drowned and in evening it started perfectly fine when was logged water dispersed.

Water must have touched the chassis and little bit under-body, do I need to redo the rust proofing or it's ok....?

rust proofing will be fine, depending on your car, you might want to re-grease the wheel bearings and differential oil if applicable, usually differential breather should be high enough, but worths checking..

usually this info and what to check after water crossing is mentioned in the car booklet/manual, at least for 4x4s

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks everyone for your response, I did not start the car that day and went yesterday when everything was cleared. Removed the battery and open every door and window for 8 hours. I also removed as many as electrical socket in engine bay as I can reach to let them air dry in case there is any water inside the socket. I started car after 8 hours and car started in a flash.

Thank God and thank everyone at Carnity for giving me with this idea to save my car. I love you guys.