•  
Advertise here

How much $ Toyota make?

I see literally Toyota cars everywhere in Dubai and in neighbouring emiarates and every literally second car is Toyota in Dubai.

Any idea how much $ Toyota makes? How much $ Toyota make only from UAE? Why people love them so much instead they are highly overpriced here?

To answer your exact question How much $ Toyota make? = 20 Billion USD in 2015 (profit) (approx.)

Toyota is 78 years old company and they know this very well: what car users need and want, and that's why you see every second car is Toyota in UAE and also in almost all GCC countries.

Toyota has earned this respect from so many years of research and development that Toyota Global invest in before launching any car for any region. Toyota is totally different from many car manufacturers who design and built one car with almost same size in all five continents. Toyota has at least 30-40% different cars in all different continent, suiting to that place locally to meet local demand. Going local is the secret key ingredient of Toyota success worldwide, so they don't sell 6.2 Liter car in the countries where fuel is outrageously expensive.

• Like (+1) 1

That's a very big money Toyota makes man, bigger than most of the fortune 500 companies. After seeing this I am more curious to know how much $ Toyota makes from UAE only.....? Even the guestimate is fine......!

Apart from research and going local, Toyota is also a good car brand because they take care of their customers and emerge as a brand with a human value behind it and not just a brick wall. Toyota is the only brand I hear all the time doing millions and millions of recall car everywhere in every country. This shows that they realize their mistake and offer free replacement to its customer showing they are more honest car brand than many others. Have you ever heard Mazda, Peugeot, Porsche, BMW, Cadillac recalling their cars ever as much as Toyota recalls their cars....?

Second best thing at least in the UAE about Toyota is their service, they have made this servicing so easy and fast that once you use Toyota in the UAE, you will hate rest of all car brand service center. In less than an hour you can get the minor service from Toyota dealer in the UAE. Many other snobbish car brand ask at least 2 days for leaving the car behind for one bloody oil change service. Toyota definitely has paved their way to this bigger number of profits with proper thinking and implementation.

Having said, all of the above I still feel Toyota cars in the UAE are overpriced by at least 25%.

• Like (+1) 2

$ Toyota heading got me really curious to click. It's hard to comment on how much $ Toyota make from UAE, but as per Toyota official site it says that they sold 683,000 cars in Middle East in 2012. Increasing that to 700k in 2015 should be acceptable. Even if we divide that number by 10 for the UAE market, so assuming Toyota must have sold 70,000 cars in UAE in 2015.

Marking 150,000 AED per car on average from 80k (cheapest) to 250K (expensive) Toyota car in the UAE. 

Putting 10% profit (approx) = 15,000 AED profit per car or 4k USD.

$ Toyota from UAE = 4K USD per car x 70K Cars = 280 Million USD profit from UAE (roughly 1.4% of total Toyota profit).

Disclaimer: All above are just estimate for fun and curiosity.

$ Toyota.JPG

Toyota in UAE is definitely good, I had Land Cruiser once but didn't tried Toyota again as I find them overprice for the option they sell. I understand that they test all new tech, but why I am paying double for half the options.

For some odd reason, Toyota resale value in Dubai is outrageously unreal as if its made of gold. Why....? I Dont Know....????

@amitaj I think the reason second hand Toyotas are more expensive than other brands is because people know they are reliable and will spend a bit extra for that reliability. When you look at the old old cars around here (before 2000), 3 out of 4 will be Toyotas. Most other cars at that age end up on a scrap heap in Sharjah.

• Like (+1) 1

OMG Guys, your all response to my thread is awesome and mind opening not only eye opening.

Toyota definitely makes expensive to prove that extra long reliability as tech explained and that's why they play safe with ultra proven older options. Make sense.

Mark your estimated calculation on Toyota income is awesome and insane. If it's correct then it's almost 1 Billion dirhams they make from UAE market only. Phew......!

And I assume at least same if not more Al Futtaim must be making from selling Toyota cars in UAE every year.

Toyota is one of the oldest brand after Land Rover and Nissan in Dubai, and highly respectable due to numbers of years in super reliable service they have offer. Toyota profit for that sake is a clear indication of the love of people and I personally know few guys who blindly buy Toyota for years and keep upgrading their car every few years with another Toyota. I am serious, they don't look outside for any other brand. This is what makes them so successful and popular.