•  
Advertise here

Maruti Suzuki is one of the best known and oldest brand in Indian car segment, serving for over so many decades and sold over 10 million cars in India. How come we don't find Maruti Suzuki cars here and how no dealer supports them. I have Maruti Suzuki car in India for 16 years and it never failed on me in-spite of Indian road conditions and harsh climate. 

I don't mean the suzuki dealer here who keeps the 4 cars and call themselves a dealer. In India Maruti Suzuki has over 15 cars in 4 segments. We can't find the Maruti Gypsy here that has been proven rockstar for Indian off-road and all weather car voted by 100's of car magazine.

Any idea from where to get new "Maruti Suzuki Gypsy" here in the UAE.....?

Suzuki UAE should have more information on this buddy, as it must be directly working with local dealers here in the UAE and India, check with them.

In simple words bro, Maruti Suzuki is not here in UAE as they specialize the very small engine cars for Indian market and here in UAE no one wants a 1.3 Liter Maruti Suzuki Gypsy with 80 hp. lol.

No offence to your choice, it really looks stunning after so many Bollywood movies has featured Gypsy as a macho SUV.

Type G13BB MPFI 16 Valve Gasoline
  Number of cylinders 4
  Displacement 1298 cc
  Maximum power 80 bhp @6000 rpm
  Maximum torque 103 Nm @ 4500 rpm

Back where I come from, there's a lot of people made good business bringing second hand cars from Japan, 200 SX, Skyline, Impreza etc. I wonder why it isn't a thing here? The JDM gets some amazing machinery that doesn't really get released anywhere else.

• Like (+1) 1

@harryd Gypsy comes with 1000 kgs weight, so 80 hp is better power to weight ratio for most of off-road you would ever venture here.

Secondly it's price in India is about 600K INR (33k AED) makes even perfect zero km 4x4 in that budget that you wouldn't mind bashing in off-road.

Third Maruti Suzuki Gypsy comes with too basic option to makes it a perfect "SUPER RELIABLE" car to survive in any terrain without any fancy useless features and electronics.

If price you meant, then I can agree to bash lesser expensive car for off-road but there are more 4x4 available in Dubai than this Gypsy that offer amazing power-to-weight ratio.

I have seen once or twice suzuki jimny and vitara struggling very bad in the desert. Though I am not off-road guy, but been out few times with common friends as a passenger and saying on what I have seen in the Dubai-Sharjah desert.

I myself got curious with this Gypsy now, and found some good looking modified avatars fit for off-road bashing including one venturing with LR defender, really..!

Maruti-Gypsy.jpg

gypsy.jpg

Gypsy and Defender.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@Technician makes a good point about JDM cars being awesome, but the problem is that many JDM cars don't comply with emission regulations and other standards in many markets, especially the USA.

In the USA it is imposible to register some used JDM cars without first making extensive modifications to make them comply with the Clean Air Act, which modifications rob a JDM car of performance. Another problem is that the safety systems on JDM cars are programmed differently- Japanese roads are mostly twisting, whereas roads in the USA are mostly relatively straight, meaning that JDM safety systems might never reach the point where they would activate.

Many of these issues apply to the UAE as well, but with the added problem that JDM cars are mostly incapable of handling the heat (Pajero's are  good examples) unless their cooling systems are upgraded. I am sure Technician is aware of  the potential problems involved with upgrading cooling systems, so to my mind, the climate in the UAE is the main reason why no, or very few used JDM cars are seen in the UAE. 

Edited by treks
word replacement