•  
Advertise here

My Patrol Y62 is very thirsty

I have had my patrol (320 HP) for 3 years now. I have noticed lately that its consumption has become almost 28 liters per 100 km. Actually I never cared about mileage but started recently, after driving it more often. Is this mileage normal or can there be something wrong?

Is it the 5.6 V8? You should be getting 14.5L/100Km. If all your mileage is spent in the city crawling through traffic it could explain it but if it's cruising miles, there could be a problem and it might be worth performing a scan on it just to see how everything is running.

Yes man bigger engines are horrible in stop and go traffic. Few years back my Range use to give 23-25 L/100km when I used to drive 2-3 kms from my home to office in 15 mins. When I shifted to another house and drive 15 kms in 15 mins then consumption dropped down to 16-18 L/100km

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

• 1 year later...

hey I have the same car but a newer model the 320 hp tends to eat petrol during rush hours.. but it's a dream to drive on the highways I am in Abu Dhabi not much traffic here ..I get like 600 to 650 on a full tank..but when I travel to Sharjah barely get 500😓

P.s. It does help If you keep the rpm below 2 😅

• 1 year later...