•  
Advertise here

I want to add turbo to my 2013 Peugeot 308

Hi all ,

I just bought a brand new Peugeot 308 model 2013 from Qatar, automatic , 4 cylinder ! 

I would like to add a turbo , I've heard that Peugeot have a problems with turbo , is that true ?

whats is the best turbo to add ?

how much it will cost me ?

will that affect my 3 years warrant ? 

Please advise me 

thank you in advance .

Edited by Shams
Mistyping

Hi Shams,

Yes, adding a turbo will definitely affect your warranty, but that is the least of your problems.

Adding a turbo to any non-turbo engine has many problems, since the ECU is not programmed to handle the additional signals required to make the turbo work properly. For one thing, the ECU on your standard engine does not have a circuit to control the turbo boost. You can of course change the ECU, but remember that the new ECU may not be able to handle the signals from the sensors on a non-turbo engine effectively.

There are lots of other differences to keep in mind. For instance, the standard ECU is programmed to manage an engine without boost, meaning that basic baseline settings such as ignition mapping, fuel delivery, air flow (both inlet and exhaust) and others need to change to accomodate the turbo.

However, anything is possible, but to get the car running right might cost you more than you would have paid for a turbo model, so I would not advise you to try this. You might find that the car never runs right, no matter how much money you spend on it.

• Like (+1) 1

@hanif I understand what you are saying, but my question is how so many local boyz here add the turbo to non-turbo model nissan patrol, land cruiser for additional power gain for offroad use?

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

@amidThose guys who get Patrol and LC mod with turbo has a proven history of doing things right including flashing the ECU with new program, as there are 100's of car they have installed before.

@Shams the key for you is to find a garage who carry out such mod and ask them for full cost and guarantee before pursuing.

There was a guy here before who was great with Peugeot advices theo @207_gti consult him for his experience in Peugeot mod, I am sure he knows lot of in and out of Peugeot world.

• Like (+1) 1

@Danny has hit nail right on the head. I would take both his and @hanifs advice seriously.

Edited by treks
Edited to add
  • Like (+1) 2

The easiest and best thing you if you want a turbo can do is phone around the scrapyards in Sharjah and see if you can find someone with a crashed 308 GTi and ask them to sell you a front cut, complete with engine, gearbox, wiring, ECU, key and switch etc. then swap everything over onto your own car. They come with a 1.6 turbo engine and around 200 BHP. Fitting a turbo onto your own engine will be a real headache. Before I came to Dubai, I was in the process of turboing my Peugeot 205, diesel though but I'm also going for the 200 BHP mark. I spent a fortune on parts and most of them weren't easy to find as it's such an old car. Maybe I'll finish it someday.

• Like (+1) 1

Even easier still is to just a buy a turbo model straight off the showroom floor. As @Technician rightly says, this type of modification is a real pain in the butt, and I would not advise it uness you have unlimited time, money, and patience.

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Shams

I had a 2010 308 1.6 turbo for 1 week and it was fast and smooth but it was factory fitted!

modification is not allowed for daily use road car so please note that if you go for aftermarket modification RTA may not permit renewing the car registration which even harder than losing the warranty as you spent money and time and to continue driving you have to remove it all to stock condition!

so Technician proposal is more safe and applicable and the stock 308 1.6 turbo is about 160 Hp and you can find the same engine in Mini turbo but the variation on the turbo waste gate and inter-cooler brackets.

Good luck

• Like (+1) 1