•  
Advertise here

Car forum account hacked for 45 million users

ethan

Why google is not penalizing such a spam generating 1100+ forums.....?

@brandan what you are saying makes total sense, so that they create thousands of fake users and show how active their 1100+ forums are and attract advertisers to spend money.

150k, 91k, 83k, 74k, 62k. Top 5 users using same password 462k times can't be coincidental, it is definitely what Brandon explain that company making userid's by themselves. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, salmanahmed said:

To be really honest, if your password is going to be "123456" then you are begging for trouble. 

I agree salman, after this incident I was researching bit more and come to know that now SSL is must for anything that we do online, as world has changed so much that site w/o SSL (green padlock in address bar) is not safe for giving your email, let alone the password and other secret data.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, harryd said:

I agree salman, after this incident I was researching bit more and come to know that now SSL is must for anything that we do online, as world has changed so much that site w/o SSL (green padlock in address bar) is not safe for giving your email, let alone the password and other secret data.

that is true, Google and other popular platforms recommend that if you want people to submit information to a website then the website must have SSL certificate. but this is beyond SSL, there is literally no excuse to having 123456 as a password. In fact its about time that websites admins should use the 1000 most common lists and ban those passwords. 
By the way, there are easier way of managing passwords, for example LastPass is a tool which i use for work. there are other web-services as well which can be used for logging into a website. these site protect your information like paypal does when it comes protecting your bank accounts information. 

But i think, mostly people are too lazy to make an effort until its too late to do anything.

Important Information

Terms of use