•  
Advertise here

Slowpokes in left lane to be fined $500

brandan

What an amazing news I just come across from Indiana Police to start fining the slow driver in left lane who block the fast moving traffic. In first year of law enforcement they have issued over 100 fines and 1500+ warnings. Good job guys.

I so wish to see this happening in Dubai road as well one day.

http://wishtv.com/2016/07/01/1600-drivers-caught-in-slow-poke-laws-first-year/

WHAT A WORD OF WISOM:  “The purpose of this law is for those rude, inconsiderate drivers who think they own the left lane.”

I hope many here can understand now that: LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING "ONLY"

WTH guys, someone has really come up with a solution to this issue.......? I used to think it's impossible to solve this puzzle.

+1, very good move and hope to see this happening here too.

This has to done here man, or atleast do some education and awareness that left lane is only for passing and not for driving.

Worst is to drive and drive slow and impact all 4-6 roads in end.

• Like (+1) 1

i have just read this post right now although i commented about this slow driving on my first post!! every day i see this battle between the slow lazy drivers and the opponent is somebody just want to move at normal reasonable speed or even he want to over speed limit that is his responsibility and own wright may be he is in emergency or needs to hurry up sure he shall not hit the front cars if the road is not clear or there is traffic jam so my advice to everyone like to slow down than the speed limit ok go to the 3rd or 4th lane from the left and enjoy driving without any tension caused by somebody  pushing u from behind believe me all road users will be relaxed and no violation and all satisfied without more traffic laws. 

• Like (+1) 1

The most annoying thing ever is to see someone driving slowly on the fast lane like he owns the lane..

Derik said something about Educating people..

I say No, because this issue was raised many many many times all over UAE, whether through media radio channels, Tv, Rta or even through flyers at Dubai Police adding to all these the rants through social media networks!

After all these Ads, driving on the left lane in a slower than the actual speed orr not giving a way means the person whose doing it is doing it on purpose..

500$ for people in Indianna, 1000$ for the people in UAE because people here won't learn the lesson until it's a heavy nice cheesy bill..

• Like (+1) 1

I really feel education and manners is most important. Education come from awareness and manners come from penalties. I totally agree with @teajay that RTA or Police should start 1000 USD fine for driving slow in fast lane. 

Hope someone read this someday ;-) extra money proposal and make everyone life better.

• Like (+1) 1

Thing is that people were educated about it, who doesn't listen to the radio in his car? They've mentioned this issue a lot, no one wants to follow or acxept that this lane issn't his own lane!

but how practically to do this you need to cover every inch of the road to be monitored by the system not in specific location where every road user knew about it like radar system which existing today everyone aware of its location and slow down or keep safe distance even some people suddenly slow down 20 or 10 km less than the speed limit thinking that their speedometer is not accurate by 20 km error imagine that!! just today some one left the 4th lane and jump to the 3rd lane where i was driving at 110 forcing me to slow down almost reach to 20 km and he continued at low speed didn't accelerate even the car in the lane where he was exceeded him i wondered why he did that if he was not in hurry, yesterday another one was at 80km/h in 2nd lane at mohd. bn zayd road i looked at him i found him concentrated looking forward and determined i gave him a horn he did not care i watched him by the rear mirror i saw all the driver leaving the lane left and right like aviation show!! every day i see many stories in my 150 to 180 km daily trip to my work location no time to tell those stories many of you knew and observed, so what is the technology can do with human mind he is beating the machine :-D 

I understand your concern that how come authorities can tackle every inch of road......?

Idea is to make fine some heavy fine like for use of yellow lane for 2000 AED. Announce it on Gulf news FIRST PAGE, Radio and TV channel, RTA and police FB pages. Fine randomly 50-60 cars in first month and see how those 50-60 people spread their unfair and expensive fines story like a fire in the market. After a month, announce crazy figures that Police fined 6000 cars or so in first month and see in next month people will be scared to go in fast lane for genuine overtaking even.......!

It's not about the effective coverage but about existing of law or fine that will scare the people enough and force them to obey the rules. I remember 5-6 years back everyone use to drive in yellow lane when stuck in traffic, after hefty fines issuance this appearance has reduced to 10% from 100% who still doesn't care about hefty fines may be those are rich or those who have connections to get it waived.

• Like (+1) 1