•  
Advertise here

Dodge Challenger 3.4 V6

I am aware that I have publicly denounced American cars on this forum many times but there's something in me that really likes Challengers. There's something really badass and mean looking about them. 

After a bit of research, I've figured out I can realistically afford a V6. I'd like a V8 but they're out of my league at the minute. I'm determined to pass my driving test and not end up in a Tiida. 

So, has anyone owned one? What are they like to live with, especially in the gulf climate? What are things to look out for when buying?

All I can say about Dodge challenger after seeing my very close colleague is first stick to GCC specs model, come what may. Secondly try to get as latest model as you can afford, better with warranty as dodge parts are insanely expensive in uae for some reason.

I owned a 2013 American specifications V8 5.7 Litre stick shift Manual Transmission Challenger

It had an accident from the front & the sides, I used to rip off Mercedes G55's with it..

I had it for almost a year, sold it out because I needed cash, now I regret selling it, as it was the best car I've ever owned in my life..

No one can mess with you in the road, the power in the stick shift takes you to a total different level, it's so freakin fast & unbeatable..

If you want my suggestion don't go for the V6, shift directly to R/T or SRT, they have better engine, stronger, let's not forget the roar of the exhaust threats you like big time, you don't need to drive fast to hear, just driving slowly anywhere is orgasmic to your ears!

As for the spare parts, dunno where did the owner of the Nissan Sunny get his information from ^^^ but the prices are moderate, if you search at the proper location, thanks God the whole time it was with me, I never had any problems, either mechanic or throughout the body..

Last but not least, why get one from the dealer who will rip the crap out of you with it's price, when you can get an SRT 2013 for 40,000 dirhams!

Yes, prices are low down!

3 hours ago, teajay said:

If you want my suggestion don't go for the V6, shift directly to R/T or SRT, they have better engine, stronger, let's not forget the roar of the exhaust threats you like big time, you don't need to drive fast to hear, just driving slowly anywhere is orgasmic to your ears!

I so agree with teajay, American V8 is different world all-together.

Btw, Dodge is an American Mitsubishi: Cheaper to buy but lil expensive to maintain than Chevy and Ford. Husain1 is right, I heard some horror stories as well that Dodge AC costed 18k to replace/rebuild (can't remember correctly).

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I didn't realise the R/T could be picked up so cheap! If I buy one it would definitely be a manual. I spent a week working on an auto box in a Charger and it kind of put me off them. I'm not too bothered about maintenance costs. It's really just parts i would be paying for, I get free labour 😂

Gauruv, Never had any problems with the AC thanks God, it was freezing the whole time, if it had something like that I would've changed the whole radiator, they're not expensive these days, besides in this hot weather, i'm sure no one wants to spend a single minute without an AC!

Technician, I've sold my R/T for 55,000 Dhs, like 5 months ago..
I've seen someone whose selling his SRT for 45,000 last month, prices of cars went down like crazy, I don't know about it's prices right now, wanted to get you the Ad of the SRT, couldn't find it..

If you need help getting one or checking it out, i'll be more than happy to help you out with it anytime, any day..

Sports car always loose value fast, and american spec looses very fast. That's why there is a big difference in GCC and US spec Camaro, Charger and Mustang. I am sure they must be some reason behind.

Reason is simple mate, as GCC and US specs are different due to climate need and it cost extra to manufacture GCC specs. On top GCC dealers are more hungry who markup 20% more on each car than US cars. Third 90% US cars are flooded, stolen or accidental damage.

You get what you pay, simple.

I always hear people talking about US spec versus GCC spec but I'm relatively new here so I don't really understand it. It's just a different cooling system right? So what's the problem with buying a US spec car and fitting a better water pump and thicker radiator? 

Actually US specs are better than GCC specs in all matters..

I've been living in UAE for 33 years+

I was always convinced that GCC specs are better, until I personally tried US specs, i'm a car lunatic, i change my car almost 10 times aa year, I love changing cars & here are my notices about US specs..

1. They have more AirBags than GCC specs, as seems that they care more about lives in the US than in Gcc cars..

2. They have Xenon front lights, different more techy lights compared to GCC.

3. They have way more options than GCC specs, because in the US, they are allowed to choose extra options by themselves, meaning each single spot in the car, you will be charged for it, but basic safety is a must there.

4. US specs cars are fully equiped with ABS systems, Gcc specs have many cars with no ABS system, especially with smaller cars lile Tiida or Nissan Sunny.

5. As for the AC, old models below 2006, yes you might need to change some stuff with the radiator, basically any car which is older than 2006 even if it's a GCX, due to the age, you'll need to change the radiator, due to hot weather, rust, highway long distance driving, as for the newer models meaning 2007+ AC's in them are working perfectly, you won't need to change nothing in the car, they are exactly the same as GCC specs, it all depends upon how the car was fixed & where.

6. Around 5% of the cars imported from USA are flooded, & you will rarely face a car that is being sold which has been flooded, & flood doesn't only mean Tsunami Or Katrina, floods can happen throughout the year with any car anywhere in any lake or during snow, so it can be a 2016 car which is flooded, yes it happens.

7. I bought a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer GCC specs, after investigations it came out to be totalled after i bought it, in other means, not only US specs have accidents, but also GCC specs, it's all about checking the car properly before buying it.