•  
Advertise here

Slowpokes in left lane to be fined in UAE?

brandan

Slowpokes in left lane to be fined in UAE?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Slowpokes in left lane to be fined in UAE?

Following my other thread (below). Just wanted to create an opinion poll here to see what majority of us car enthusiast's think here:

• Slowpokes in left lane to be fined in UAE?

Slowpokes is the person who drive slower than road limit in the left most fastest lane and block traffic flow. Practically speaking left most lane is for overtaking only and you only enter and exit that lane at higher speed than the road limit for overtaking purposes ONLY. And you should leave that lane as soon as you have found next right lane empty to match your speed. In Dubai, we see snail drivers driving at 80 kmph on 100 kmph speed limit road, where many other want to drive at 115-120 kmph and reach faster. These slowpokes block fast moving traffic and cause more bottle neck and contribute severely to your road delays everyday. Should they be fined......? Yes or No.

Although I voted for yes, but I think authorities need to issue warning once before registering actual fine, as it is something new and if you see the Indiana Police video they issued huge warning and only 10% in tickets. That's the right way forward.

This has to be implemented here mate, it's really annoying at times when you want to rush and person in front act stupid and then play ignorant as he has not done anything wrong.

Their car AC should be shut off for one month in summer month. Better than money as many drive to satisfy their ego to block traffic by showing they are the leader by installing two additional antenna on their rooftop back to copy shkmo G55.

I love the AC shut off option, better than anything.

Just for the reference Sheikh Mohammed Mercedes G wagon always seen in 3rd or 4th lane, so those followers need to follow the leader properly.