•  
Advertise here

Show us your crash pics

Barry

I'll start you off with one of mine, my Toyota Corolled. I was coming around a corner 'enthusiastically' with the back end out. The back wheel touched a manhole and I flipped onto my roof. Had to walk 6 miles home that night in the rain with no shoes on. I was really bummed about it because it was probably the most reliable car I ever owned. All I ever had to do was put petrol in it. It was so reliable that I went back the next morning with a tractor, flipped it back onto it's wheels, put oil in it and a battery and managed to drive it home.

23032007.jpg

Sad to see your crash pic, just wanted to know when you roll over the car it looses engine oil...? As you said changed oil and started over.

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

An engine is only designed to hold oil in the sump. If you turn an engine full of oil upside down, the oil will find its way out anywhere it can. Dipstick tube, breather pipes, filler cap etc. 

Technically speaking, when an engine has been upside down, you should remove the spark plugs and clear the cylinders because sometimes oil can find its way into the cylinder resulting in hydrolocking when you try to start it. I was lucky enough that it started without any problems. 

• 2 weeks later...