•  
Advertise here

Porsche Mission E - Fully electric car

Porsche Mission E

Porsche announced that Mission E is to be exactly same as concept and plan to launch these fully electric cars by 2020.

I so wish to see Tesla guys biting their fingers now.

• 600 Horsepower
  • Top speed: 150 Mph (240 Kms)
  • 0-100 kms = 3.5 Secs
  • Range: 250 Miles (400 Kms)
  • Wireless charging (latest tech)
  • Quick charge of 80% in 15 Mins

porsche-mission-e-1.jpg

porsche-mission-e-2.jpg

porsche-mission-e-3.jpg

porsche-mission-e-4.jpg

porsche-mission-e-5.jpg

The only thing missing now from electric cars to be accepted globally is a reasonable price, and not a half a million price tag please.

Will wait to see how much of this concept get used in reality....! I bet not more than 40-50%.

This is very nice, but the usable range on electric cars still needs a lot of work. I don't think price is the biggest problem and especially not on a Porsche, but they will have a hard time selling these models at the price coupled with a limited usable range. 

I will be far more enthusiastic about electric cars if they can at least double the range.

More than anything I think the electric charging station is a big killer for this car to succeed, as if city has 5 stations then its useless to own such car, as oppose to 50 stations in one city.

TBH, 400 kms range is not bad at all.

• Like (+1) 2

This car range of 250 miles is in 15 mins quick charging of 80%. 100% charge will give 300 miles. Which is not bad, but I totally agree with derick that success of any electric car depends on number of charging port it has in the city.

Why nobody is thinking to charge these batteries with solar cell....? Atleast to some percentage to get some miles absolutely free with solar power and also it will help people if they are really stuck in some situation then sun will come out daily atleast in this Gulf region.

I don't think Porsche is too concerned about battery life, or that 15-minute quick charges will kill the batteries. I am convinced that Porsche thinks that since people have the money to buy their electric cars,  the owners won't be put off by having to replace the batteries once a year- until the bill for the first battery replacement is presented...