•  
Advertise here

Open letter to all car manufacturers in the world

anonymous

Dear All Car Manufacturers,

We have completely understood by now that you guys need lot of money to survive and that's why these days car break more often than before. They cost more money to maintain. You guys make a lot more money in keeping car on road than just selling it. The cars that doesn't break often (fortunately) will be removed from production line after 5-10 years. Warranty is a modern day myth that get void with smallest add-on customers made.

In today's world when automobile industry reached to autonomous driving level and still today's car miss the basic most functionalities is totally unacceptable.

Can you all please add below basic common sense add-on to all the cars in the world:

1. Install two car batteries, and automatically flip when one dies and keep on reminding the driver through in-dash display to change the dead battery.
    • Additional battery or sensor cost is fraction against the inconvenience this thing causes every 2 year.

2. Car temperature going above 100-110 degree should trigger LOUD alarm with message and force driver to pull aside safely, than blowing the engine or melting the engine head.
    • Sensor and alarm cost few hundred dollars, but it will save thousands of dollars in money, time and hassle.

3. Please stop advertising engine horsepower and start advertising real WHP - Wheel horsepower, to stop misleading 90% of car owners.
    • 300 horsepower engine might deliver 120 - 150 whp if setup on a 3.5 ton car. Educate customers and promote, don't mislead.

4. Please stop using generic fault codes and be specific to which exact component need change, to eliminate guesswork for 100's of spare parts.
    • Check Engine - Fault code - Has 100's of part causing this error. How do I know which one / two to change?

5. Add the braking health and brake life in dashboard, so that driver can keep an eye constantly if something goes wrong and plan the maintenance.
    • We heard enough screeching brakes as a sign of pad change, but when we go to mechanic we realize that its late and now we need to change the disc too. 

I will leave this here for other car users to add more CRITICAL points to improve our car owing experience.

open letter.JPG

Edited by anonymous
Edited to add what is the meaning of open letter from wikipedia.
  • Like (+1) 4

I would add one more thing- a spare ECU. They only cost a few hundred dollars or whatever to produce, and most car owners would be happy to pay that when they buy a new car instead of the several thousand for a replacement at the dealer.

But then again, there is no profit in that for the car makers, so they won't do it.

FM-AD-BLOCKER: I would like to add a device in a car for auto scrolling the FM wherever music is playing and enable them to auto toggle the channel to cut the RJ talks and ad-breaks.

90% of my drive time goes in toggling these channel, why no one has thought of this device yet.........................?

• Like (+1) 1

Re: Your point number 2. Bring back temperature gauges on the dashboard. Only a warning light to tell you the engine has overheated is useless when the engine has already overheated. I would prefer a gauge that I can actually see the temperature on.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/11/2016 at 3:58 PM, Blackbee said:

I am just curious where does this letter goes to or it will stay here for all of us to read only. No doubt you have some very good and valid point of consideration here.

Just added the meaning of open letter in OP, please refer above.

Stop your dealers service advisors from earning commissions on parts they sell, they oversell to the public parts that are within their lifetime based on fear that the brakes or tyres will kill the owners.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2016 at 10:34 AM, vanhack said:

Stop your dealers service advisors from earning commissions on parts they sell, they oversell to the public parts that are within their lifetime based on fear that the brakes or tyres will kill the owners.

Hahaha, commissions are the backbone for any sales. How can they stop. It's the buyer who need to be more aware of the fact and BS.