•  
Advertise here

What is Dubai Police White Point system?

taqir

Just read this Dubai Police White Point system in facebook and couldn't understand what it is and what it means and what I will get if I have white points? Why I redeem white points to get more white points? May be it's not translated very well, can anyone here please read and translate it correctly.

Even searched on Dubai police website and in FAQ there was a link on "How does one get white points" but it was not opening any page.

Dubai police white points.jpg

It's a system designed to reward safe drivers. If you get enough points, you get entered into a raffle to win prizes.

This article explains more about it,

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/transport/dubais-white-point-system-to-honour-1800-drivers

Might be a good idea this White Point business, but I don't think rewarding good drivers is the way to go. Good drivers are good drivers because they want to be good drivers, and "rewarding" them with two points every month is like preaching to the already converted.

A more efficient way to change driver behaviour is to mete out more severe punishment to the bad drivers, and even to take their cars and drivers licences away for varying periods of time for more serious offences.

I agree it's good to have incentive for safe drivers, but incentive should be more than just white points, that no one can even check. 

Dubai Police should offer some service to check drivers black/white points, and also reward safe driver by some public recognition than a stupid rafle draw in which 99.9999% people luck will never work.

May be send them some e-certificate that cost them nothing, but drivers can print it and keep it or show off to encourage and inspire others around him.