•  
Advertise here

Planning to buy 2013 3.5 LWB

Hi All,

Greetings !

I will be shortly be a proud owner of 2013 Paj LWB 3.5 full option from Al Habtoor ( was a Demo / Management vehicle ) the main purpose is to get a SUV for the following reasons :

1) Big enough to ferry the family and relatives around 

2)SUV have a kind of road presence 

3)May be go to the desert for camping 

4) more importantly many overland trips either to Oman or Qatar 

Having said that was wondering should I continue with this route of buying Pajero ( Toyota /Nissan Seems to be on  the expensive side , Toyota dealers have a bad reputation for service again hear say !)

I haven’t planned any crazy modification as of now ( but on the sly thinking of getting a cheap lift using either metal or fiber spring spacer ) .

Is there anything special I would have to be used to or expect from a SUV been using Sedans for the past 14 years and briefly was using Nissan Patrol ( back home EX military JONGA )

This particular one has tyre dated 2015 Sep and the thread seem to be as good as new . Should I continue with Al HAbtoor for service or check with DYNA trade or independent workshop 

Please advise !

Ride and Drive safe !

Slick 72

Pajero is good car and just a little bit expensive to maintain compare to Toyota and Nissan due to lil expensive parts, but servicing and labor cost is almost same.

I am not sure who gave you info that Toyota sucks in service.......! I had Toyota once long ago and I still swear by Al futtaim service is much much better than any other American and German brands I have tried in Dubai.

Just a small note, if you have a chance to upgrade from 3.5 to 3.8 with any reasonable price difference, please do that as 3.8 is awesome in sand and 3.5 is bit sluggish. You will remember this advise when 5 people loaded with camping gear and bogged down in sand.

Good luck but you need to consider the following:

- Do not go for any kind of modification to avoid warranty violations.

- You should be ready to 100% increase in your fuel budget as Pajero consume more than any other V6 SUV and double of any 4 door saloons.

-3.5 L V6 or 3.8 L V6 are common and easy to maintain except for spark plugs change since intake manifold have to be removed.

- any suspension left would effect rear control arms pushes and differential gears mounts in short time.

My advice if you can check the new Pajero Sport (Montiro or Nativa) with lower engine displacement (I think GDI Gasoline direct injection) and higher torque and the new 8 speed transmission (I think CVT the same technology used in mighty Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge) and seven seats and more aggressive look and better drag ratio it would be better and economy and I think the new car price is lower than Pajero and new shape also. I think we have an earlier review

http://www.habtoormotors.com/Mitsubishi/Discover.aspx?CarId=45#.V776tjVerIU

On everything Saleem said he is right, except the CVT gear is MOST FUCK ALL thing known to mankind. For desert use you can't even step on road side sand let alone the camping dreams with CVT gear. Google a bit and you will know why.

51 minutes ago, Danny said:

On everything Saleem said he is right, except the CVT gear is MOST FUCK ALL thing known to mankind. For desert use you can't even step on road side sand let alone the camping dreams with CVT gear. Google a bit and you will know why.

Hi Danny

I'm not sure if it's a CVT or conventional automatic gearbox as it's unrevealed yet!

but the good news is if it's conventional it's Aisin the same gearbox used in Lexus 470 LS AWD (US & Euro specs only)

and if its CVT it's Jatco which is the same one used in Nissan skyline GTR

It cant be ZF as it comes rear wheel drive only!

CVT is bad for old drivers who had a manual gearbox experience but for new drivers considered from haven.

for me myself I don't like CVT transmission!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Seems like I have been swayed away from Pajero and might be getting myself an Xterra  many reasons one being that the dealer was not very prompt in releasing the quotation and the Xterra is a private vehicle looks and drives ok .....hope its not a lemon !

Ride / Drive safe !

Slick72

good luck with the Nissan

please note that all are the same except the drive mode "off road" trim includes diff lock and some times VSC (vehicle stability control an advanced ABS) while other trims don't have it

out side shape looks the same just look inside for the drive mode switch other than this all mechanically are the same some cars have extra options like steering control switches audio and cruise control, fog lights, wheel size and rear view cam. 

W_DL.jpg

xterra wds.jpg