•  
Advertise here

Bottled water left in car is not safe for drinking?

amid

I just heard from my cousin, that disposable plastic bottle water when left in car in extreme heat is no longer safe for drinking? Is it true?

His logic was that plastic used by these disposable bottle is very weak and they release toxic under extreme heat when parked in sun and make the water not fit for human consumption. Anyone here heard of this before?

bottle water.jpg

Edited by amid

Cars My passion :mrgreen:  :ugeek:

If you like my above post, please press Like / Thanks on right side to help me increase my rating

It's something to do with something called BPA I think.  Apparently it's cancerous. There was a lot of discussion about it in a firm I used to work at and most of the people then switched from plastic to filling glass bottles from the cooler. 

I agree barry that I also read same news or rather big wave of news few years back in social media etc. Just wondering how these bottled water trucks transport the packed bottle then....? Thanks amid for raising this concern.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It is true that high heat releases all sorts of cancer causing chemicals from a plastic bottle, but it takes more than one heating cycle to make a difference. But its not only heat that is a problem- even if you leave water in the bottle for a long time at room temperature, some chemicals leach out into the water. You can try this for yourself- fill a soft drink bottle with water (it's made with PET-the same plastic as bottled water bottles), and leave it out of direct sunlight for a week or so.

You will notice that the water has a different (unpleasant) taste, which is caused by harmful chemicals leaching into the water. Manufacturers of plastic bottles know their bottles are dangerous, but they don't care, because few people re-use plastic bottles for anything.  

• 1 month later...

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the colour of the big bottles of drinking water I was buying at home had changed from blue to pink. I never gave it much thought other than thinking it was a bit gay but yesterday, I noticed this,

IMG_3206.JPG

Important Information

Terms of use