•  
Advertise here

Best resale value car in UAE?

annie

hi baraz i have seen many for a while but it is less available now u can still follow the used cars sale sites on the net sure someone shall offer it for sale someday in general that model is differs only in the interior and more intertainment and security but the engine,suspension and gearbox is the same the main problem with this car is the fuel consumption really is very bad, knowledge less mechanics  whom made that bad repetition for this specific model.

Listen, I have never heard of someone being happy with the price they got for their car when they sold it, used or new. After owning so many cars over the years I realized that the international brand name means only the level of quality that you will be purchasing. With warranties these days reliability is not an issue. And even after buying a Toyota you will feel great pain at the market when someone drives off with your car after gutting you. What matters is really (1) Your need/ purpose (2) The dealer. Buying a car these days is mostly down to (1) whether it does everything you need it to do and (2) it will do it for you with minimal troubles and that is where the dealer plays a big role. I remember when I bought a ford focus back in 2005, great cheap and convenient car, and every time I brought it down for service I felt like the workshop was reminding me that I baught one of their cheaper products, almost felt like it was my fault. On the other hand a Toyota service felt like a true social service where everyone was equal. So the dealer is a deal breaker for me personally simply because it is a long term relationship! due to warranty of course. The other thing is some brands are stronger here then they are abroad - point in hand NISSAN. I think they are strongest in the middle east and specifically here. Unlike their competitors you feel like their products are made for the UAE. Their cars are cruisers, fuel efficient (Sedans and compacts), and their A/C is outstanding, better than Toyota in my opinion. Just the fact that the steering is beige tells you a lot. They are firmer than a Toyota and they offer you that power that you need to navigate UAE traffic. this is not to say that the other out there are worse. They definitely are not. Just a matter of taste and value for money. Should you buy used? sure. But if you are here for the long-term go for a new car it will end up giving you less trouble through out. If your only here for a year or two then do not buy new. And that's my 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 3

Some very nice point made by @Yont and I totally agree that owning a car is lot more than the need, brand loyalty or resale. It's actually a marriage between the dealer and owner that keeps this relation sailing for years to come.

Slight mistake and your whole car owning experience is doomed. Many years ago I had Honda Accord and after couple of robotic service from some dumbest human existing on this planet I sold that car. That was the time when honda used to be Trading enterprise and not al futtaim. They were literally heartless, mind-less, merciless robotic service adviser that use to piss me off on every service and I used to ask, what wrong in my life I have done to get this stupid behavior when I am paying double the market price for normal oil change (5K) service.

I also have owned many brands in UAE, but service standard and user-friendliness of Al Futtaim is "THE BEST"

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks guys, for wonderful advises and now I know I should better stick to Toyota or Nissan and even on shoestring budget I can go with older model than getting greedy for newer model with worst brand. Once again thank you all.

13 hours ago, adil said:

Some very nice point made by @Yont and I totally agree that owning a car is lot more than the need, brand loyalty or resale. It's actually a marriage between the dealer and owner that keeps this relation sailing for years to come.

Slight mistake and your whole car owning experience is doomed. Many years ago I had Honda Accord and after couple of robotic service from some dumbest human existing on this planet I sold that car. That was the time when honda used to be Trading enterprise and not al futtaim. They were literally heartless, mind-less, merciless robotic service adviser that use to piss me off on every service and I used to ask, what wrong in my life I have done to get this stupid behavior when I am paying double the market price for normal oil change (5K) service.

I also have owned many brands in UAE, but service standard and user-friendliness of Al Futtaim is "THE BEST"

Just for your information Adil, Al Futtaim Motors and Trading Enterprises are the same owner, Al Futtaim deals with Toyota and Trading Enterprises with Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and Volvo., 

22 hours ago, ma7amad said:

hi baraz i have seen many for a while but it is less available now u can still follow the used cars sale sites on the net sure someone shall offer it for sale someday in general that model is differs only in the interior and more intertainment and security but the engine,suspension and gearbox is the same the main problem with this car is the fuel consumption really is very bad, knowledge less mechanics  whom made that bad repetition for this specific model.

Hi Ma7amad, I myself owned a 1998 Discovery 1 for 5 years, the best 5 years of my life. What an amazing drive. I know a garage in Sharjah which handles only Land Rovers, give them a Range Rover, Discovery, LR2, LR3, LR4, Defender, anything Land Rover and they know what they are doing. They source parts and their labour cost is also low, I was introduced to them by Gaurav who had owned a Range Rover also. You can call Aqil on 055 899 0092.

thanks rahim i will contact them as i have minor oil leak i know how to fix it but the problem i have to drop the oil pan to remove the front cover just i receive the another car (front windshield broken) i will contact aqil.

Most welcome Ma7amad, oil leaks are common in land Rovers, it seems something is wrong with your LR if its not leaking. The funny thing is after all the leaks also the level of oil does not drop so much and this is one riddle I could not solve, just carried extra oil, ATF, brake fluid and coolant on every trip, but hardly had to use it.

I totally agree with Rahim bhai on this one, as I had Range Rover Autobiography for two years and even changed all oil gaskets (original) by spending close to 3k and six months later seen the spotting again in my parking spot. Like few LR fans says, LR doesn't leak it just mark it's territory.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.