•  
Advertise here

Finally Dashcam are legal to use in UAE

aatish

What a great news I came across just now that finally car dash-cam are legal to use in UAE, but not allow to post its content on social media or public forums for naming/shaming. Make sense at least by using it one can prove its innocence. Thank you so much guys.

http://khaleejtimes.com/dubai-police-clarify-owning-dash-cams-not-iilegal

dash cam.jpg

Owning dash cams is LEGAL, Dubai Police clarify - Khaleej Times.pdf

• Like (+1) 1

This is really a good news man, many times I want to install and hold up coz of scary reactions from authorities. Now with this Khaleej times national newspaper announcement I am sure we can comfortably buy and use it for our protection.

Thanks KT and aatish for sharing.

Thanks for the info,. that's a great news for us, especially doing a long drives everyday., I'll definitely buy and had it on my dashboard. 

On 9/19/2016 at 0:52 PM, Rahimdad said:

Next Khaleej Times news:

Increased Sales at Dragon mart fo Dash Cams.

Hehehehehe

Not bad idea, may be one of us can go to dragon mart and strike a good deal for all of us on some mid range dashcam for couple of hundred dhs. I'm serious.

27 minutes ago, ma7amad said:

is it a considerable evidence or  prove of innocence during accidents i mean police or insurance companies could refer to it. 

Well it should be, at least that's what it sounds from the news. Only point is not to share or publish it publically for name/shame that's it.

i used personal digital camera on dash many times one of them to record the rain as rare natural event in UAE. really i missed the camera a couple of months ago when something hit my windshield came from the car in front of me i chased the car until he stopped and call the police i think dash camera could help in such similar cases. 

20160719_150231.jpg