•  
Advertise here

My 2001 R50 airbag light issue

Dear friends,

Recently I got my steering box changed and after it came back from the garage the airbag light was on, he tried correcting the issue through the OBD but the connector wire would not fit my Pathfinder. After going through some forums and a couple of youtube videos I have manged to solve the problem.

Just switch on your car without starting it, the air bag light with a bunch of other lights will be on, as soon as the airbag light goes off switch your car off, wait for 1 second and repeat the steps 4 times. After the fourth time switch your car off and start your car normally, the airbag light stays on a about 6 seconds and than walla, your airbag light is off.

A computer reset can cost you anything between AED 100- AED 500/- depending on which garage you go to, this remedy is absolutely free and takes only 2 minutes of your time.

Hope this helps.

This is indeed, nice piece of info but I am sure only limited to older models only as in newer ones they make sure for clearing any fault light or service light you have to get the car plugged in dealers computer system.

From what I have read it works on most Nissan and Infinity Models up to the year 2008.

There are a lot of genius out there who figure out how to save big bucks, just have to research and try, even if you don't succeed there is no harm done.

There is one more way to get rid of the airbag lights on Nissan and Infinity cars. Switch the engine on but do not start the car, than there is a black button on the door frame that controls the illumination of the lights in side the car, press and release the button 10 times and than switch your car off and than on again and start the car. The newer models have a check system for the engine and other components so the airbag light you will see will blink very slowly for about 10 seconds and than the light will be gone for good.

If the problem persists you need to take your ride in to Nissan or anyone who has the proper OBD and get it checked. All car companies nowadays set a trigger to have the check engine light or airbag light come on so that you can pay them big bucks to clear the error code or tell you that it is an expensive process of changing your airbag sensors and systems.

The choice is yours, but after reading this column make an educated guess and maybe you will be able to save big bucks by following these simple procedures on your Nissan or Infinity vehicles.