•  
Advertise here

Which is the best hd camera or gopro action camera?

brandan

I have been researching on gopro, sony and garmin full hd action camera from sometime, and now confuse to make the perfect choice. Hoping some of you have any experience here to help me make a right choice. Gopro wins in quality, Sony wins in battery time and Garmin one gets the best voice activated feature. Is there any one that has best of all and yet easy to use and comes with reasonable price tag of 1500 dhs or closer.

I have no real experience in action cams, my brother does have a Go Pro Hero 4 and I love the results on it both at day and night. I believe you should ask yourself what you really need and not be looking for all the features in one cam.Just like mobile phones today which come all packed confuse people and most of us use just 20-30% of the phones true potential. I would recommend you ask yourself which features you would need specific to your requirements and decide which one to go for.

I would suggest you have a look at Tom Tom Bandit which looks very promising, its got 3 hours of continuous record time and you can edit the video direct from you IOS or Android device, I have mentioned the feature below. It should be available through Virgin Mega Stores in Dubai or if you are comfortable you can order one online at dealshabibi.com

TomTom, the company best known for its GPS navigation systems, came up with a solution in the Bandit, a camera that can handle both capturing your adventures and editing the best moments together into a movie you can share straight from a phone or tablet. The Bandit addresses a few other shortcomings you might find in competing cameras and has very good video quality, too, but the easy on-camera editing is the star attraction.  TomTom's Bandit action camera uses built-in sensors to tag all the potential highlights in your clips to make editing easier. Its mobile app lets you quickly create a highlight reel just by shaking your smartphone. Charging and video/photo transfers can be done without a cable. Unique rotating mounting system makes getting the camera horizontal simple. Easy editing system, Battery Stock and Instant Playback is more cool features ever with Bandit Cam.

The TomTom Bandit is a bullet-style, vibrant-looking affair with decent video capabilities and some intriguing features.

Easy Editing : Choose, drag and drop any highlight into your edit, and your video is ready to upload.

Batt-Stick® : Integrated 1900mAh battery and microSD card housing for 3 hours recording of 1080p30 footage without any cables.

Instant Playback : Use your in-app viewfinder for instant alignment and quick video previews.

Highlights

• Ultra HD Video (up to 4k) & 16 MP photo.
  • 3h non-stop filming with cable-free Batt-stick®.
  • Built-in action sensors (Speed, G-force, Altitude, Rotation, Heartbeat).
  • Edit and share your action within minutes on the Bandit App (iOS & Android).
  • Including basic mounts and Go-Pro Mount Adapter.

For a real professional level video quality I think nothing beats the gopro level, not even sony. For action camera the main important point is to choose based on quality it produce in simplicity. I mean which action cam can produce the best quality out of box with or without tall claims of 1 million stabilizer, gimball, night shot enhancer, bigger / smaller lens (marketing crap).

Consideration about battery is pretty much irrelevant, as 30 mins crisp video is better than 4 hours of shaky, blurry or half crisp video IMHO.

Handfree operation is plus, but not game changer, quality still takes the precedence.

Sorry to differ Danny. Sometimes big names in the industry are the ones using gimicks and ads to sell their products. If you consider good quality than the size of the lens, the type of pixels used, the number of pixels, stbilizer everything counts into making the camera a quality camera. if you are able to stray away from the run of the mill products and try a product which is not that well known, but has all the nocs and cranies and can record 4 hours instead of the misly 30 minutes, than its worth looking into. You cannot name a brand and say they are good and the rest are all crap. We make suggestions here and its up to you to research it further, maybe see where it is available, get a demo and than decide which one is better.

I don't deny with your thought process and sometime it works, but most of the time it fall short. The thing or point I am trying to make for Brandan is that going with known big names is a safe bet to be rest 100% sure that quality will be awesome, which supposed to be main factor. 

I'm there and I'm listening to all as a good listener. I'll be visiting mall this weekend and then (may be) out with a friend who has hero 4 to test it's capabilities. Will update everyone here once I finalise and their merits.

All the best for your hunt Brandan. Will be looking forward to your verdict.

BTW with Gitex starting on Saturday I am wondering if you will be able to get some good deal on your purchase.

Important Information

Terms of use