•  
Advertise here

Newbie Drive - Badayer - 30 September

Hoping to meet up more Carnity members on this drive.

Friday morning drive:

Date: 30 September, 2016

Meeting point : Tawi Nizwa Shops on Hatta Road about 7 minutes drive from Lahbab R/A https://goo.gl/maps/omXw7BWvXSG2

Meeting time : 4:45 AM

Plan: Lets drive from the Tawi Nizwa Shops we can take either the Big Red side or do some dunes on the side we meet..

Basic recovery equipment is very important and carry lots of water

1. Abdullah and Atif
  2. Manoj
  3. Karamullah
  4. Malav (Newbie)
  5. Michael
  6. Rahimdad
  7. Nikhil
Edited by Rahimdad
Change of meeting point

Guys, please make important note the meeting point has been revised.

We will still be meeting at 4: 45 am but at the Tawi Nizwa Shops instead of the Bidayer Shops.

On the way from Dubai to Hatta, after you drive for about 7 Kms you will see an old Emirates Petrol Station on your left hand side, on the right hand side you will see the Tawi Nizwa Shops. https://goo.gl/maps/omXw7BWvXSG2

You know whats most important when you have a drive early in the morning at 5 am when the sun is just about to come out?

....... The fact that all individuals have taken the pain to get up that early in the morning r have not slept at all to make it to the meeting point on time.

Thank you everyone who made it on time and displayed the kind of enthusiasm and vigor to enable us to have the best drive 2 weeks in a row. We headed to the farms in Tawi Nizwa where we deflated and were ready to go. With myself in the lead and a very capable Ratish in his JK, Manoj in his Land  Cruiser and newbies Malav with Nikhil in his Land Cruiser and another new Land Cruiser (I am sorry i forgot the same). Getting old I guess. In the sweep was my trusted friend Abdullah and on Fly Sweep we had Michael in his Discovery 2.

We had a fast run to the base of Pink Rocks where we played for a while trying to see who could manage to take his ride furthest up, the winner was Michael in Abdullah's Patrol, but everyone with a smile, cheer and echoes of clapping as Michael decended as champ was in a good way deafening. We tha crossed over the Pink Rocks to the other side. At one time I thought that the top of Pink Rocks was closed with cones on top, however later I realized they were a bunch of early morning bikers. One more proof that I am growing older as a matter of loosing my eyesight somewhat.

As we continued from Pink Rocks to Big Red everyone was managing well until Michael came up with a plan. It might have initially seemed that Michael's plan was to get all the newbies stuck on every dune we crossed, truthfully speaking its a good experience for the newbies as they learned early on how to self recover in case of a stuck. We had a few refusals, but just one stuck which needed to be pulled out. We managed to self recover for all other refusals and it dawned on us as we crossed the most troublesome dune. We were on top of Big Red. What an accomplishment for the newbies to have peaked at all the highest spots in the area.

As we inflated and headed back all I could see were smiles which told me everyone had enjoyed and are raring to go at every opportunity they have. many thanks to Manoj for a hot cup of tea which really jolted me from my slumber.

With the kind of response that i have from Carnity, i am encouraged to post more drives, and rest assured I will try me level best to bring some signature drives in the coming months. So keep tuned to the latest drive in the wilderness and their trip reports.

Can I please request Nikhil and every one on the trip who has some nice pics to post them here please, as with the pics you can truly relive the moments spent so well on every trip.