•  
Advertise here

Help required !

Hi All,

Grix when I said drove 350 kms on highway with minimal traffic and the rest was from work to home and back( Discovery GArdens to Al Makthoum Airport ).The tank was filled with  75.45 liters ,  575 was the distance run. The previous owner used to get 500-535 for the same amount of fuel  ...... There seems to be a small error in the speedometer 139 KMPH is indicated close to 150 KMPH on the speedometer cross checked using an app "GPS Speedo " . I have the stock tyres ... with regards to the milage with the present speedo error there could be some error in the odometer as well. Say aboout 3.5% to 5% increase in milage thats not bad either   .......

Drive / Ride safe !

Slick72

• 4 months later...

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to explain that all cars have a variance between the speedometer and the actual GPS speed, this is by design, and should be around 5% difference, but not always.

each manufacturer will have different variance, Nissans tends to vary 9%-10% .. I noticed that in the Xterra, Infinity QX4, and a couple of rentals (Sunny and Altima).

I drove also Audis and VWs, and it is similar, 9-10% variance.

Pajeros on the other hand, have considerably less variance, around 3% or so, so it will seem more accurate.

Bottom line, when you get a new car, or change tire size, do check the speed variance and adjust your driving and speed limits accordingly :)

• Like (+1) 2