•  
Advertise here

Ugliest car ever?

Barry

For me beauty is only skin deep, so I look at the inside. For me all the great 4x4s that have been turned to egg look alikes on 4 wheels that loose their 4x4 gears are all ugly vehicles. the likes of the new Pathfinder which now comes as  a front wheel drive or higher models that have Al Wheel Drive that lost all the 4x4 capability is ugly.

We are part of the reason this has happened, over the years in the consumers have bought 4x4s as a 7 or 8 seater to carry a big family in style, as a van or similar would be against their pride. So these 4x4 over the years have served every purpose but what they were meant to do, which is off-road driving and the UAE has no shortage of beauty in the desert and the mountains when the weather is right. So naturally the car companies continue to produce these models but understanding that less than 20% such vehicles would serve the purpose of off-roading, they are getting rid of the off-road gear to reduce the weight and cost of production and boast higher fuel economy figures.

To me those are ugly.

• Like (+1) 1

Very nice explanation done by Rahimdad, very interesting and meaningful observation and it's quite true.

For cosmetic looks, I think fiat is turning almost all of its cars into design disaster thinking that out of box thinking is better, but they have been overshooting the car designs tbh.

3 hours ago, husain1 said:

Toyota Land cruiser 2008 - 2015

It's very selective opinion. I remember when Toyota changed shaped of its cruiser in 2008, everyone was jumping up and down that no one will ever buy Land Cruiser and people will switch to Patrol and then within 6 months roads were flooded again with Land Cruiser with swollen eyes. As that's the time people took to swallow the pathetic design and that shape started to grow on them.

Same happen in 2009 with Nissan Patrol new shape that when people started comparing it's enormous size to Toyota Hiace 14 seater bus, and again in 6 months road were flooded with hulk size Patrol.

Mind you Girix, the new shape of the patrol didn't do too well with some of the people here and it did not gain the same popularity as the Land Cruiser, hence Nissan still has the classic Nissan Patrol out there. Plus point for Nissan is they listened to the crowd and the SWB Nissan patrol Classic comes with a 4.8 litre engine with the gearing from the 4.8 litre as well.

The gearing makes a huge difference and the off-road community would be totally aware of what I am talking about, as the 4.5 litre engine was not so bad, but the gearing ratios on the 4.5 made it an awful choice for the desert.

Just my 2 cents.