•  
Advertise here

Best engine decarbonization available

Gaurav

While searching the cause and fix of partially close engine valve (that causes mild misfire), I have found out that carbon deposit in GDI engines sprays the fuel in center of cylinder than through intake valves. This leaves the valve never touch the fuel and hence fuel systme cleaner is ineffective in such scenario. Due to this peculiar design, GDI engines need to be decarbonize every 50-60K kms.

Does anyone know any best engine decarbonization product available in Dubai?

I can see online CRC - Intake valve cleaner and Seafoam, but both of them are not available in UAE.

I am not inclined in opening the engine head for cleaning, as I have had a bad experience with 2 previously rebuilt engines in my life. They always run rough and overheat with slightest push.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Well once again this will start a heated debate ! LOL But who cares, and this is something I've once again already done. Take a little spray bottle, take off your air intake and rev the engine up to 2000 rpm and squirt tiny amounts of water into it, the engine will splutter but thats normal. What happens is the water turns to steam and you basically get a steam wash inside of your engine, ever seen a engine with a blown head gasket where the coolant leaks into one cylinder and how clean and polished that one cylinder is? Same thing here.

On the other hand you can try these guys, this was also featured on a episode of wheeler dealers 

http://terraclean.ae/?page_id=2803

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Junaid, I have heard this water technique too online too but I'm not sure if I can do this right by myself.

If you are free these days to help, I can pass by. Anytime over the weekend is perfect for me to beat the traffic.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks Junaid, I have heard this water technique too online too but I'm not sure if I can do this right by myself.

If you are free these days to help, I can pass by. Anytime over the weekend is perfect for me to beat the traffic.

Youve seen my current residence, not really an ideal place to DIY wrenching! Its not complicated at all, just disconnect you MAF, take of the intake, pull the throttle cable to around 2k and give it a few squirts of water, repeat it a few time, or maybe a dozen if you feel like it. I remember I used a small tea parcel cup amount of water and took around 10-15 minutes to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

Spray water into the engine to remove carbon? Are you serious? Would you do this if a customer paid you to clean the insides of his engine, and what would you do if you were suddenly faced with DTC P0300? Would you now charge this customer to clear the multiple misfire code?

More to the point though, how do you know that this actually works? Have you ever opened up an engine to check that carbon deposits have actually been removed? Do you really know and understand why some parts of an engine seems "cleaner" than the rest of the engine after a gasket failure?

Based on your post, I guess not, but while you are free to practice this sort of nonsense on your own engine, I would suggest you post some "before and after" pictures of this treatment just so that we who know something about this subject know you are [not] joking about a very serious topic.

Get real man, and research a topic before you post "advice" that could destroy  perfectly healthy engines.  

Once again no one is forcing you to do anything with a gun held to your head, hence there is an alternative method posted as well as the contact details of the company that does it, the water method is very well know to old school mechanics, ( see video above of Eric ) just because you haven't heard about doesn't mean jack. And boo hoo, big fekin' deal if you get a cylinder misfire code you can press reset and viola its gone! 

So please take your feigned outrage elsewhere,

P.S : Too late, the OP has already tried it and has had a decent result. 

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 2

MANY thanks Junaid ( @desertdude )   for explaining it nicely over the phone to help me try this correctly through the black thin vacuum hose that goes into the manifold.

It really helped in stabilizing the rattle (by 50%) and one of the weird squeaking noise, but not cured it completely. In first few attempts I felt it's waste, but when you said I can do this whole day long then I tried two more times after long drive intervals and felt some real difference.

One major change noted immediately after this is now engine idle adjuster is completely free, earlier it used to be at 8-10 rounds in to hold at 750 RPM, but now it's doing it by itself. This definitely tells me that this water experiment has done "something positive"

I know we are dealing with very old engine but I am happy to progress with one step at a time to identify what works or not.

Next I will try to add Rislone Engine Treatment tomorrow and hope to see some more magic.

On 2016/10/29 at 4:46 PM, desertdude said:

the water method is very well know to old school mechanics, ( see video above of Eric ) just because you haven't heard about doesn't mean jack. And boo hoo, big fekin' deal if you get a cylinder misfire code you can press reset and viola its gone! 

So please take your feigned outrage elsewhere,

I guess there is no arguing with the logic of the ill-informed, and especially if the ill-informed gets pissed off when he is called out on the rubbish he spouts.

As a professional mechanic with 40 years of experience fixing paying customers' cars, as opposed to an "old school mechanic with some backyard tinkering "skills" at best,  I am in the happy position to be able to tell a charlatan and ignoramus from someone who has something valid to say, and who can make a real contribution to the forum. 

It is just a pity that so many members of this forum are likely to ruin their engines because they followed your stupid advice.

So take that and shove it where you want....

Important Information

Terms of use