•  
Advertise here

Ordering car parts in Dubai

Barry

@desertdude yes, I'll give you that 😂

It really can be a nightmare to get the parts you need sometimes. Even common stuff like oil filters, sorry sir, need the chassis number, have you got a sample? There's 3 different types etc etc

9 hours ago, Barry said:

@desertdude yes, I'll give you that 😂

It really can be a nightmare to get the parts you need sometimes. Even common stuff like oil filters, sorry sir, need the chassis number, have you got a sample? There's 3 different types etc etc

Been there done that, so I understand your pain. best is if you can look up the part number or just get it off the bit you are replacing and just give them the digits

Sometimes that doesn't even work. Recently i done some work on a supercharger on a mini so I needed supercharger oil to refill the gear case. First port of call was BMW/Mini. They told me the oil wasn't available as the supercharger was a sealed unit and I had to buy a complete new supercharger. Obviously I knew that was a lie because I had just taken it apart and fixed it so I wasn't going to waste any more time on that company. I did some further digging and got the GM equivilant part number for the oil I needed. An Eaton supercharger is an Eaton supercharger no matter what vehicle it is fitted to so I wasn't bothered which company the oil came from. I visited/called at least 10 different GM parts suppliers and gave them the part number. They all just said not available, can't be ordered. Just because they didn't know what it was, they weren't interested in it. I ended up having to import it from the USA myself. 

try www.partsouq.com has many brands, and yes you need to even enter the chassis number, but you get all the part numbers, and will be to the spec of your vehicle, right down to paint codes.

I usually keep the mulkiya photo or chassis number on my phone, and don't bother with taking the mulkiya copy with me.

• Like (+1) 1