•  
Advertise here

Hilti Desert Clean Up Drive - 18 November

I have been involved for 8 years with Emarat4x4 and Dubai and Sharjah Municipality for the Desert Cleaning campaigns and it is a shame that people do not understand the etiquette.

Besides going out on regular Clean Up drives and making sure to keep a garbage bag in the vehicle so that we can leave only our footprints behind, our team has tried to educate people as well. Whenever we see something being thrown out of a vehicle we approach them and ask them to pick up their trash and offer our garbage bag hoping that kindness will change their ways. In some cases some rude people refuse to pick up their own trash so we make sure to pick it up in front of them and try to make them realize that throwing garbage out of the car is not acceptable.

Unfortunately, I have been witness to a painful death of a camel who swallowed a plastic mineral water bottle, we could not do anything but watch that painful death.

Emarat4x4 have been actively participating in the community service and have conducted and supported drives to clean up the desert to save environment and especially camels that die by consuming plastic trash left by us humans.

This time a renowned Dubai organization HILTI have initiated this noble cause and have requested Emarat4x4 to collaborate in this event and extend logistical support. 

Maintaining our commitment to keep desert clean and have our share to provide a cleaner environment to our society we have agreed to extend the required support. We are conducting a desert cleanup drive on the 18th NOVEMBER 2016. HILTI's staff will be actively participating in this event and we expect around 70 people from HILTI and we would require around 15-20 Marshalls from Emarat4x4 to provide the logistical support.

As usual, Dubai Municipality have been very kind to us and have once again confirmed their support and would be present at this event.

HILTI would provide Gloves, Trash Bags and Co-Branded car stickers (Hilti/E4x4).

As a responsible community member, it is our utmost duty to come forward and support this event. We expect all our Marshalls and club members to actively take part in this event.

Date: 18th NOV 2016
Meeting Time: 6:30 AM
Meeting Point: Dragon Mart rear parking area.
Intended Area for Cleanup: Al Awir.
Deflation Point: Parking Area Besides Al Awir Palace Wall

Dear Members please confirm your participation and add names for planning purpose.

1) Rahimdad

2)

3)

• Like (+1) 4

I'm in with all the three remaining seats and empty boot to shuttle. Thanks for sharing Rahimdad and giving us chance to contribute. 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Manu if you can make your way to RAK Bank on King Faisal Road I wcan take you from there, but I will be leaving at 5 am.

I believe you have my number, let me know.