•  
Advertise here

Hilti Desert Clean Up Drive - 18 November

Thanks to HILTI for organizing such a nice desert cleanup drive. Thanks to Emarat4x4 for supporting this great cause with their marshals support. Thanks to Rahimdad, for sharing this here and giving us an opportunity to pitch in. We had such a great turn out of over 60 cars and above 150 people in total. Split the total numbers in 4-5 convoys and cleaned the entire desert behind the Al Awir Palace and Military base camp.

Started at 7:00 am from Dragon mart and reached by 7:30 to the deflation point. Cleaned the desert for good 2-3 hours with great support of Dubai municipality helpers in their trolleys and LC's to pick up the collected trash to bring it out on the road. 

It's a very good initiative from HILTI to inspire other bigger organization on how to be more environmentally responsible in the UAE.  And hope other offroad clubs in UAE also follow the footsteps of Emarat4x4 to support these great initiatives.

DSC_7181.jpg

DSC_7183.jpg

DSC_7188.jpg

DSC_7193.jpg

DSC_7207.jpg

DSC_7212.jpg

DSC_7219.jpg

DSC_7220.jpg

DSC_7228.jpg

DSC_7235.jpg

DSC_7237.jpg

DSC_7247.jpg

DSC_7253.jpg

DSC_7258.jpg

DSC_7272.jpg

DSC_7273.jpg

DSC_7277.jpg

DSC_7280.jpg

DSC_7283.jpg

DSC_7288.jpg

DSC_7291.jpg

DSC_7296.jpg

DSC_7315.jpg

DSC_7327.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you Gaurav Bhai and Carnity members for a very active participation. Amazing turn out and very well thought of by Hilti with excellent support from Emarat4x4. Although we might have picked up a needle in the hay stack, but Gaurav bhai's initiative to get this posted in 7 Dyas in recommendable. I always believed and voiced my concern with such drives that its not just spending half a day or full day in such activity. I believe we can do this every week in once area only and every week we will find the same amount of trash, such is the thinking and habit of people around us. More important is to educate people about the environment, the responsibilities of maintaining the environment for us and our generations to come and keeping the natural balance. One of the most popular and beautiful wadi in UAE has been closed since 2009 due to the carelessness of humans who did not respect their environment and almost destroyed a piece of heaven on earth. I am talking about Wadi Wurraiyah. For this of you who are unaware about it, please Google it up. Media is a very good medium to get your voice heard and my hats off to Gaurav for making that impact.

Once again I would like to conclude by thanking all at Carnity who supported the initiative by Hilti and express my gratitude to Gaurav Bhai for starting this forum and being able to maintain it over the years and attract car enthusiasts on such a brilliant front, and specially for getting the media involved. I understand that the media did not do justice and printed only half the truth, but atleast this is a start which we can build on.

• Like (+1) 1