•  
Advertise here

Dubai police car repainting permission paper

Gaurav

As I got one of my car repainted recently, there was big hassle to get the Dubai Police permission paper for repainting. After wasting two days in traffic hours coz of wrong information from official and unofficial channels, I like to list all of them below to help everyone here:

• You can't get that permission paper from any Dubai Police Station (Don't waste time)
  • You can't get that permission paper from Dubai Police Headquarters (next to Al Mulla Plaza)
  • You only get this permission from Dubai Police vehicle confiscated yard, next to Tasjeel Qusais, I think it's a CID department
  • GPS Coordinate for this place: https://goo.gl/maps/t8hv6s7f9Rv (No pics allowed)
  • Their timing is from 7 am to 1 pm only
  • It cost 120 dhs and not 50 dhs
  • You don't need paper if keeping same color and getting car painted in Dubai
  • You do need paper even if keeping same color but getting car painted in Sharjah (that was my case)
  • You do need paper if you change color and getting car painted in any emirates
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 11/18/2016 at 6:22 PM, Derick said:

wow very helpful info man, can I send someone on my behalf to get the paper or do they need an owner presence too?

Well I'm really not sure about exact requirement, but in my case I have send my wife and they have taken her emirates ID copy and car registration card copy to issue that permission paper.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Folks,

That location/office has closed now. Does anyone know where the new office is. I was told its near the By Pass Road, E611. 

Richard

14 hours ago, Richard Mellish said:

Hi Folks,

That location/office has closed now. Does anyone know where the new office is. I was told its near the By Pass Road, E611. 

Richard

Wholly crap, but thanks for updating this Richard.

Appreciate if you can please update the actual new place, once you get the paper.

Important Information

Terms of use